View Single Post
failure21
07-19-2009, 11:39 PM

This is my eleventh Tool show and I must say that I feel the same as most of you. In eleven shows I've seen Stinkfist and 46 & 2 nine times each. I saw them two times for the Lateralus tour and three times last tour and now tonight and with a couple of exceptions its been the same set list. I love Tool, I bought one of the signed posters tonight and I was hoping that this tour would be similar to the '98 tour when they played a different setlist each night. Alas....

The show was amazing, I still love Tool, but after a couple years of the same songs you get the feeling that they are mailing it in to a certain extent. That disappoints me. When and if they put out another record, I'll pay to see them again, but as my brother put it tonight, "I wouldn't pay to see them twice on the same tour ever again."

And as someone wrote above...I hope that the later dates get a better set.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:39 PM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.19.09 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Energy Solutions

This is my eleventh Tool show and I must say that I feel the same as most of you. In eleven shows I've seen Stinkfist and 46 & 2 nine times each. I saw them two times for the Lateralus tour and three times last tour and now tonight and with a couple of exceptions its been the same set list. I love Tool, I bought one of the signed posters tonight and I was hoping that this tour would be similar to the '98 tour when they played a different setlist each night. Alas....

The show was amazing, I still love Tool, but after a couple years of the same songs you get the feeling that they are mailing it in to a certain extent. That disappoints me. When and if they put out another record, I'll pay to see them again, but as my brother put it tonight, "I wouldn't pay to see them twice on the same tour ever again."

And as someone wrote above...I hope that the later dates get a better set.
OFFLINE |