View Single Post
BlairLicksTaint's Avatar BlairLicksTaint
07-19-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Maestro View Post
Yes lets blindly praise a band for merely showing up to play. I'm as big of a Tool fan as anyone, but I'm not about turn a blind eye to a pattern which is straight-up disrespectful to true fans.

Expecting them to play different songs in the set in the past 4 years doesn't quite equal "overinflated expections". It's more like "expecting what every other band in the world does".
I agree with the first part and get your point, but the reason I've always dug Tool so much is because they never do what every other band in the world does. Now, this is a negative example of that, but I'm still glad they don't do what everyone else does.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:10 PM   #24
Level 7 - Loquacious

Location: I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.
Bincount™: 69
Re: 07.18.09 - Denver, CO @ Mile High Fest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Maestro View Post
Yes lets blindly praise a band for merely showing up to play. I'm as big of a Tool fan as anyone, but I'm not about turn a blind eye to a pattern which is straight-up disrespectful to true fans.

Expecting them to play different songs in the set in the past 4 years doesn't quite equal "overinflated expections". It's more like "expecting what every other band in the world does".
I agree with the first part and get your point, but the reason I've always dug Tool so much is because they never do what every other band in the world does. Now, this is a negative example of that, but I'm still glad they don't do what everyone else does.