View Single Post
Vincent_Alan's Avatar Vincent_Alan
07-19-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Maestro View Post
...and can't help but wonder if they're just going through the motions right now for a payday.
I definitely felt that as well. I am not sure if they are doing it for the money, but they seemed bored or apathetic or simply not that into it. Even the goodbye/thanks-to-the-crowd seemed blah. I've spent the better part of my Sunday watching old performances of the Laterlus tours and re-remembering how much more energy and passion they used to put into a show. Since the 10,000 Days tours they haven't put together sequences like the Disposition/Reflection/Triad grouping where everything seemed to climax to key moments in those songs. And they don't have nearly as many little builds ups before the songs. I feel very fortunate to have been able to see them a few times during Lateralus because I keep going hoping that new shows will recapture part of that and it simply is not.

That said and like you said, the band will always play a special part in my life and I will always see them and be the Tool nerd that I am. And also like you said, I don't see them as the immortals I once viewed them as. But maybe that is my problem and maybe that is a good thing. ...

Last edited by Vincent_Alan; 07-19-2009 at 05:28 PM..
Old 07-19-2009, 05:23 PM   #18
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.18.09 - Denver, CO @ Mile High Fest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Maestro View Post
...and can't help but wonder if they're just going through the motions right now for a payday.
I definitely felt that as well. I am not sure if they are doing it for the money, but they seemed bored or apathetic or simply not that into it. Even the goodbye/thanks-to-the-crowd seemed blah. I've spent the better part of my Sunday watching old performances of the Laterlus tours and re-remembering how much more energy and passion they used to put into a show. Since the 10,000 Days tours they haven't put together sequences like the Disposition/Reflection/Triad grouping where everything seemed to climax to key moments in those songs. And they don't have nearly as many little builds ups before the songs. I feel very fortunate to have been able to see them a few times during Lateralus because I keep going hoping that new shows will recapture part of that and it simply is not.

That said and like you said, the band will always play a special part in my life and I will always see them and be the Tool nerd that I am. And also like you said, I don't see them as the immortals I once viewed them as. But maybe that is my problem and maybe that is a good thing. ...

Last edited by Vincent_Alan; 07-19-2009 at 05:28 PM..
OFFLINE |