View Single Post
KDubbs
07-19-2009, 11:05 AM

"I feel very unsatisfied." I shared this thought with my immediate neighbors as the house sound came on after Vicarious - There was unanimous agreement.

They were like 7 minutes late coming on stage and ended the set about 5 minutes early - that's enough time for ONE song they didn't play a gazillion times last tour. Even an Aenema closer would have done me some good.

Now, I don't mean to sound like a "hater" (I'll see them any chance I get) but I was very disappointed, I figured they would bring something a little different to the table besides a few new videos (which, btw, were really f'n cool). I caught numerous mistakes, most notably Justin missing a note in the first couple bars of 46 & 2, but most of the time their timing was just a little off. I actually like when that happens though, brings them down from their pedestal, but they still sounded great for the first time playing in 19 months or whatever.

My buddy was a first timer and he loved it. So I guess that is cool. I just left feeling very unsatisfied. Best part of the show for me was my shout-out to Junior few minutes before the set - he seemed a little nervous lol. Look forward to seeing what they play at non-festival dates - and will be envious when they play something sweet (HA!)
Old 07-19-2009, 11:05 AM   #13
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.18.09 - Denver, CO @ Mile High Fest

"I feel very unsatisfied." I shared this thought with my immediate neighbors as the house sound came on after Vicarious - There was unanimous agreement.

They were like 7 minutes late coming on stage and ended the set about 5 minutes early - that's enough time for ONE song they didn't play a gazillion times last tour. Even an Aenema closer would have done me some good.

Now, I don't mean to sound like a "hater" (I'll see them any chance I get) but I was very disappointed, I figured they would bring something a little different to the table besides a few new videos (which, btw, were really f'n cool). I caught numerous mistakes, most notably Justin missing a note in the first couple bars of 46 & 2, but most of the time their timing was just a little off. I actually like when that happens though, brings them down from their pedestal, but they still sounded great for the first time playing in 19 months or whatever.

My buddy was a first timer and he loved it. So I guess that is cool. I just left feeling very unsatisfied. Best part of the show for me was my shout-out to Junior few minutes before the set - he seemed a little nervous lol. Look forward to seeing what they play at non-festival dates - and will be envious when they play something sweet (HA!)
OFFLINE |