View Single Post
3eyeswide
07-18-2009, 11:33 PM

Fuck Tool. I've seen basically this same motherfucking show 4 times now, all on different legs of the initial 10k tour. I don't fucking care if they played the songs well. I don't care if Maynard gave his cute little "boobies" lines either.

The show was good the first time. It was alright the second time. It got annoying the third time. This time, the only thing that kept me from leaving in the middle of the set was the hope of a surprise. And, those of you who were there know that didn't happen.

Yeah, the visuals were different, whatever. I DON'T GO TO A CONCERT TO WATCH A COOL LIGHT SHOW AND A SCREEN OF VIDEOS ADAM JONES PUT TOGETHER, I GO TO A SHOW TO LISTEN TO MUSIC. If I wanted to see cool videos, I'd just go on Youtube and pull up one of their music videos.

Maybe I'm spoiled by Nine Inch Nails or something. A band that actually gives a fuck about their fans, tries really hard to change things up as much as possible and really take care of their fans. Tool obviously does not give a shit (at least about the hardcore fans). Yeah, I'm sure all the first time Tool concert goers had a blast. I don't blame them one bit, and I'm glad for them as well. I was blown away my first time.

I really feel it's just come down to money for Tool, if it wasn't just that before as well. They just feel that they can take a year and a half off, come back out, recycle pretty much the same exact show they were playing for almost two years already, and thats ok. They're too lazy to do a little bit of work to put something new and exciting out for us fans that really care.

They make a buck out of it. That's all that matters, right?

Maynard said in 1996 that he sold his soul a long time ago. Maybe this is true. But it was really apparent tonight.

P.S.- I was on the front left side of the stage. Don't know if anyone else here was there as well, but I just hope I wasn't the only one who saw the jackass fan come out and dance for a couple of minutes right at the end of either Forty Six & 2 or Stinkfist. It was maybe the funniest thing I've ever seen, and just hope someone else had the pleasure to get the hearty laugh I got. THAT was the highlight of the show for me.

Last edited by 3eyeswide; 07-18-2009 at 11:45 PM..
Old 07-18-2009, 11:33 PM   #3
Banned.

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.18.09 - Denver, CO @ Mile High Fest

Fuck Tool. I've seen basically this same motherfucking show 4 times now, all on different legs of the initial 10k tour. I don't fucking care if they played the songs well. I don't care if Maynard gave his cute little "boobies" lines either.

The show was good the first time. It was alright the second time. It got annoying the third time. This time, the only thing that kept me from leaving in the middle of the set was the hope of a surprise. And, those of you who were there know that didn't happen.

Yeah, the visuals were different, whatever. I DON'T GO TO A CONCERT TO WATCH A COOL LIGHT SHOW AND A SCREEN OF VIDEOS ADAM JONES PUT TOGETHER, I GO TO A SHOW TO LISTEN TO MUSIC. If I wanted to see cool videos, I'd just go on Youtube and pull up one of their music videos.

Maybe I'm spoiled by Nine Inch Nails or something. A band that actually gives a fuck about their fans, tries really hard to change things up as much as possible and really take care of their fans. Tool obviously does not give a shit (at least about the hardcore fans). Yeah, I'm sure all the first time Tool concert goers had a blast. I don't blame them one bit, and I'm glad for them as well. I was blown away my first time.

I really feel it's just come down to money for Tool, if it wasn't just that before as well. They just feel that they can take a year and a half off, come back out, recycle pretty much the same exact show they were playing for almost two years already, and thats ok. They're too lazy to do a little bit of work to put something new and exciting out for us fans that really care.

They make a buck out of it. That's all that matters, right?

Maynard said in 1996 that he sold his soul a long time ago. Maybe this is true. But it was really apparent tonight.

P.S.- I was on the front left side of the stage. Don't know if anyone else here was there as well, but I just hope I wasn't the only one who saw the jackass fan come out and dance for a couple of minutes right at the end of either Forty Six & 2 or Stinkfist. It was maybe the funniest thing I've ever seen, and just hope someone else had the pleasure to get the hearty laugh I got. THAT was the highlight of the show for me.

Last edited by 3eyeswide; 07-18-2009 at 11:45 PM..
OFFLINE |