View Single Post
bottom_feeder99
11-29-2007, 01:45 AM

Well guys and gals I Felt the show was touching. I've seen them 5 times; twice on the lateralus tour, and this was my third 10000 days show. I've got a potential perspective for every one who was speaking about a change in the set list to consider.

Tool tours the record their promoting. This means they come up with an elaborate live show of songs they feel fit well together. A show that reflects the overall messages of the CD. Or, the growing levels of energy as the show progresses. They create a performance that is rehearsed exactly the same every time. They have a few swaps they can do, but alot of times it just a sequence of events on a digital timeline; matched up to a live performance by the band dudes.

Now I'm sure that some people are thinking that I'm preaching to the converted. This isn't about you people. After seeing a few shows on the same tour and not the least of which was November 7 '01 (Pushit LIVE BABY>>>>>>>> WOOOT WOOT). The set lists generally are the same the've always been the same....If you would have seen them back in '96 on the AEnima you would have seen H.... Infact if you would have seen them in Calgary in 02 you would have seen grudge along with 7 other lateralus songs, Opiate, 46&2, Stinkfist, and Sober from the two previous CD's. but that was it. It's hard to get pissed for not seeing third Eye because tool does shit like this.
They Create, They Promote, they hope people get it. If they do Excellent, Thats the point. Then you move on and create something different. The cycle repeats itself. Every member is creative outside of tool as well. I just hope certain people know that you can't expect a custom performance based on the popular songs. it's not about that with tool.

On A Side note.... when they see flashes from the crowd they decide to stop playing songs like LE POT Their form of mental punishment.

Peace.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:45 AM   #21
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: Nov 27 Saskatoon Credit Union Center

Well guys and gals I Felt the show was touching. I've seen them 5 times; twice on the lateralus tour, and this was my third 10000 days show. I've got a potential perspective for every one who was speaking about a change in the set list to consider.

Tool tours the record their promoting. This means they come up with an elaborate live show of songs they feel fit well together. A show that reflects the overall messages of the CD. Or, the growing levels of energy as the show progresses. They create a performance that is rehearsed exactly the same every time. They have a few swaps they can do, but alot of times it just a sequence of events on a digital timeline; matched up to a live performance by the band dudes.

Now I'm sure that some people are thinking that I'm preaching to the converted. This isn't about you people. After seeing a few shows on the same tour and not the least of which was November 7 '01 (Pushit LIVE BABY>>>>>>>> WOOOT WOOT). The set lists generally are the same the've always been the same....If you would have seen them back in '96 on the AEnima you would have seen H.... Infact if you would have seen them in Calgary in 02 you would have seen grudge along with 7 other lateralus songs, Opiate, 46&2, Stinkfist, and Sober from the two previous CD's. but that was it. It's hard to get pissed for not seeing third Eye because tool does shit like this.
They Create, They Promote, they hope people get it. If they do Excellent, Thats the point. Then you move on and create something different. The cycle repeats itself. Every member is creative outside of tool as well. I just hope certain people know that you can't expect a custom performance based on the popular songs. it's not about that with tool.

On A Side note.... when they see flashes from the crowd they decide to stop playing songs like LE POT Their form of mental punishment.

Peace.
OFFLINE |