View Single Post
Brainman
11-28-2007, 10:48 AM

I headed down the highway from Regina to Saskatoon on a sketchy winter day and was not dissapointed! It appeared to me that at the end of the show, the band was very appreciative of the loud prairie reception they received from what must have been one of the smaller venues that they have hit during the 10,000 Days tour. I think they were perhaps a little surprised. Lets hope Maynard's words ("See you again/later - once its warm")

I really enjoyed the inclusion of "Wings for Marie (Part 1)" and "10,000 Days (Wings Part 2)", 2 tunes that were not played when I saw the band in Calgary during the Fall 2006 Tour.

As usual the musianship and vocals (Could have been a touch more prominent in the mix, at least earlier on in the show) were impeccable. The stage and visuals differed somewhat from what I saw earlier on the tour, and were great as well.

I was surprised by TransAm, as I was not expecting much. Short set, but the drums, double bass & electronics really hit hard. I can still feel the sensation of the cement shaking under my feet!

Was Maynard fucking around with the lyrics during "Rosetta Stoned"? Later on in the tune things seemed to get back to the original lyrics, but I do beleive he was improvising and having some fun. I guess after 15 months on the road, you need to switch things up from time to to keep it fresh.

Thanks to the band for hitting our little city and for the solid show!

P.S. Anyone check "Saskatoon" in Wikipedia today?
Old 11-28-2007, 10:48 AM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 27 Saskatoon Credit Union Center

I headed down the highway from Regina to Saskatoon on a sketchy winter day and was not dissapointed! It appeared to me that at the end of the show, the band was very appreciative of the loud prairie reception they received from what must have been one of the smaller venues that they have hit during the 10,000 Days tour. I think they were perhaps a little surprised. Lets hope Maynard's words ("See you again/later - once its warm")

I really enjoyed the inclusion of "Wings for Marie (Part 1)" and "10,000 Days (Wings Part 2)", 2 tunes that were not played when I saw the band in Calgary during the Fall 2006 Tour.

As usual the musianship and vocals (Could have been a touch more prominent in the mix, at least earlier on in the show) were impeccable. The stage and visuals differed somewhat from what I saw earlier on the tour, and were great as well.

I was surprised by TransAm, as I was not expecting much. Short set, but the drums, double bass & electronics really hit hard. I can still feel the sensation of the cement shaking under my feet!

Was Maynard fucking around with the lyrics during "Rosetta Stoned"? Later on in the tune things seemed to get back to the original lyrics, but I do beleive he was improvising and having some fun. I guess after 15 months on the road, you need to switch things up from time to to keep it fresh.

Thanks to the band for hitting our little city and for the solid show!

P.S. Anyone check "Saskatoon" in Wikipedia today?
OFFLINE |