View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 08:08 PM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/01/28 - Melbourne, AUS - Princes Park

If archaeologists dig up my mobile phone a thousand years from now and scan through my outbox they'll find a text message that reads: "stink swamp 46 jam schism pot sober lateral vicarious aenema", and that should be enough to generate a few decades' worth of conspiracy theories and flood myths.

But we all know what it means hey. Yes, Tool, amazing, unbelievable, brilliant as usual. Couldn't fault them at all. Maynard didn't sing the best bit of Vicarious. Oh well, he does that sometimes (I remember him seemingly saving his voice on one of the high parts of Judith one night, too). Nothing I can add about how good they were that hundreds and hundreds (thousands?) of people haven't already said througout these concert reviews over the years. I love how uncool and nerdy it is these days to still be talking about how awesome Tool are, how unfashionable they have become. And yet, they come back and play live and it becomes obvious straight away that no one can fuck with them, they are the best, that's it. If you haven't seen 'em live, you just don't know the full story about how great Tool are, end of story.

I have to add my voice to the chorus of condemnation of dickheads in the crowd. Most of what I would say has been covered but there is one thing desperately lacking: GET OFF HIS FUCKING SHOULDERS!!!!

What the fuck is it with girls (and some boys too) getting up on a guy's shoulders so they can see better???? When the fuck did this start being acceptible?? Previous BDO's it wasn't tolerated, the girl was previously shouted down with chants of "get down dick-head, get down dick-head". Now they all just do it and if you're behind them, it's just too bad. Way to go genius, you can now see better at the expense of ten people who have been waiting here to get a good view for an hour, who now can't see at all. It's the height of selfishness. I'm sorry you're not taller. Blame God. But don't completely block my view, please. If I wanted to look at a bunch of girls' asses I'd have gone to the Men's Gallery. For fuck's sake.

What's worse is when you get two or three of them who are friends all get up on their boyfriends' shoulders and sit there in a line bopping along to the music. Yeah, awesome, rock on, girls! I know I sure paid $120 to stare at your backs while my favorite band is playing right behind you! I hope you all get bottled.

*exhale* gosh I feel better getting that off my chest.

Probably my last Big Day Out. I've been to about ten and I promised two years ago that nothing short of Tool would get me back. Well, that's happened now, and that's that.

Like Maynard said, see ya Wednesday!
OFFLINE |