View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 05:53 PM   #15
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/01/28 - Melbourne, AUS - Princes Park

Yeah, yesterday was my first tool live experience and I was looking forward to it. First BDO too. Guess I have a lot to learn - like, an hour and a half before set opens is clearly too late to get into D entry. Ended up getting shoved further around the side of Blue Stage, where the sound was FUCKING TERRIBLE, and where I could only see Adam crunching away. From where I stood, the music lacked the crisp dynamics I was anticipating, so the extended sessions just sounded messy, and the lasers looked naff - only caught a tiny glimpse of the projection screen material: could someone let on what was happening visually? Not enough 10k Days tunes, though Lateralus and Reflection *were* incredible. Huge disappointment - wish I had tix for Wednesday. Oh well. Definitely won't go and see them at anything that is not their own concert in future. And was a bit pissed off by how clinically the show was ended (after the group hug - I could just hear them saying, 'Well, glad that's over - shall we give em another? Nah...' - the floodlights were shone right in everyone's faces and a swarm of roadies swept through like nanobots to break it all down superfast.)

Come back, won't you, Tool?
OFFLINE |