View Single Post
illiguy33
06-20-2007, 07:13 PM

My first time seeing Tool, and it was mindblowing as expected. We came early to get close on the floor only to get crushed for the first two songs. I finally squeezed back a little bit to get some breathing room after Stinkfist but always found myself in the moshpit. Not something I or most others wanted at a Tool concert, so I did my part in trying to contain the pit and keep those who didn't want to be in it out of it. Despite getting pummeled practically the whole show, it was still amazing and I actually think the physical abuse caused me to view Tool through a new light. The highlight for me was probably Forty Six & Two as I managed to escape the fray to enjoy that one. I was really getting into Lateralus with Melt Banana until some jackass thought it was fun to ram me in the back repeatedly. It was still awesome, however, and I think we're going to try to see them at Summerfest in Milwaukee.

And I totally agree with that Zeppelin comment. Tool truly is the band to see of our era. Even though my body's paying for it today I am so glad I drove the three hours to see them last night.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:13 PM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/19 - Cedar Rapids, IA - US Cellular Center

My first time seeing Tool, and it was mindblowing as expected. We came early to get close on the floor only to get crushed for the first two songs. I finally squeezed back a little bit to get some breathing room after Stinkfist but always found myself in the moshpit. Not something I or most others wanted at a Tool concert, so I did my part in trying to contain the pit and keep those who didn't want to be in it out of it. Despite getting pummeled practically the whole show, it was still amazing and I actually think the physical abuse caused me to view Tool through a new light. The highlight for me was probably Forty Six & Two as I managed to escape the fray to enjoy that one. I was really getting into Lateralus with Melt Banana until some jackass thought it was fun to ram me in the back repeatedly. It was still awesome, however, and I think we're going to try to see them at Summerfest in Milwaukee.

And I totally agree with that Zeppelin comment. Tool truly is the band to see of our era. Even though my body's paying for it today I am so glad I drove the three hours to see them last night.
OFFLINE |