View Single Post
gainer's Avatar gainer
06-20-2007, 09:24 AM

AMAZING. My first Tool show and I was NOT disappointed. Loved the visuals, sounded amazing. Everything I expected and more. My first time being on the floor too and despite what you may think, I was not getting shoved everywhere. I only wish I was taller, I could barely see the stage except between peoples' heads now and then. I couldn't see Maynard dancing, sadly, but my brother said it was crazy (like I hoped and thought).

Rosetta Stoned could've blown my novice ears out, that ringing sound seemed to go on forever. Wings came on JUST IN TIME. Perfect moment. Damn glad they played Lateralus too, that's probably one of my favorite Tool songs.

I wish I could've heard Maynard talking better though. All I heard was something about Iowa and how he came from Ohio. I loved the way he said Iowa at one point. I can't explain it, but it was hilarious.

The people throwing their shoes kinda got on my nerves, but I was too into the show to really pay much attention.

All in all, best night of my life. I totally plan on going to another one of their shows, even if I have to drive 5 hours or more.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:24 AM   #15
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/19 - Cedar Rapids, IA - US Cellular Center

AMAZING. My first Tool show and I was NOT disappointed. Loved the visuals, sounded amazing. Everything I expected and more. My first time being on the floor too and despite what you may think, I was not getting shoved everywhere. I only wish I was taller, I could barely see the stage except between peoples' heads now and then. I couldn't see Maynard dancing, sadly, but my brother said it was crazy (like I hoped and thought).

Rosetta Stoned could've blown my novice ears out, that ringing sound seemed to go on forever. Wings came on JUST IN TIME. Perfect moment. Damn glad they played Lateralus too, that's probably one of my favorite Tool songs.

I wish I could've heard Maynard talking better though. All I heard was something about Iowa and how he came from Ohio. I loved the way he said Iowa at one point. I can't explain it, but it was hilarious.

The people throwing their shoes kinda got on my nerves, but I was too into the show to really pay much attention.

All in all, best night of my life. I totally plan on going to another one of their shows, even if I have to drive 5 hours or more.