View Single Post
halo19
06-20-2007, 07:46 AM

First, a thought: could somebody please throw that shirtless, skinhead poser motherfucker out of here? This was my first Tool concert and these ass-jacks nearly ruined it for me. WAAAAAY too much pushing and shoving (pardon the pun) going on!

Now the show: TOOL IS THE SHIT! They were freakin' amazing. Did not disappoint in any way. What a show!

The setlist was tour standard so I won't repeat it. We did get Flood which definitely rocked but I'd personally have preferred Pushit or even The Pot/Right In Two. But, they don't pay me to come up with set lists so I'll shut up about that. I seriously enjoyed Stinkfist, Jambi, Forty Six and Two and Vicarious. Those would be favs of mine anyway. Wings/10k Days is not my favorite 20 minute opus but the spectacle they put on for that one was truly Floyd-ian.

Maynard didn't say much. My buddy and I decided that he was trying to relate something about growing up in Ohio to Iowa. Every time he said I-O-W-A though the inbreds in the crowd had to drown him out. So, I guess he turned it into something to get the crowd to react? He was pretty animated though. God bless Maynard.

Just a couple more gripes. Melt Banana should go back to Japan. Period.
The US Cellular Center (re: Four Seasons Center) is a tiny little shit-hole that I'll never go back to regardless who's playing there. And, I think if i'd gotten shoved out of the one-square-foot of beer puddle space I had to stand in I was going to start throwing punches. Not very nice of a 35 year old to say but these little pricks were really starting to piss me off! You don't mosh at a Tool concert either! Jeez!

Word of advice to Mayard and the boys, next tour (if there is one) PLEASE visit our lovely capital city of Des Moines. I saw NIN there at Wells Fargo Arena last year and enjoyed the overall experience a helluva lot more.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:46 AM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/19 - Cedar Rapids, IA - US Cellular Center

First, a thought: could somebody please throw that shirtless, skinhead poser motherfucker out of here? This was my first Tool concert and these ass-jacks nearly ruined it for me. WAAAAAY too much pushing and shoving (pardon the pun) going on!

Now the show: TOOL IS THE SHIT! They were freakin' amazing. Did not disappoint in any way. What a show!

The setlist was tour standard so I won't repeat it. We did get Flood which definitely rocked but I'd personally have preferred Pushit or even The Pot/Right In Two. But, they don't pay me to come up with set lists so I'll shut up about that. I seriously enjoyed Stinkfist, Jambi, Forty Six and Two and Vicarious. Those would be favs of mine anyway. Wings/10k Days is not my favorite 20 minute opus but the spectacle they put on for that one was truly Floyd-ian.

Maynard didn't say much. My buddy and I decided that he was trying to relate something about growing up in Ohio to Iowa. Every time he said I-O-W-A though the inbreds in the crowd had to drown him out. So, I guess he turned it into something to get the crowd to react? He was pretty animated though. God bless Maynard.

Just a couple more gripes. Melt Banana should go back to Japan. Period.
The US Cellular Center (re: Four Seasons Center) is a tiny little shit-hole that I'll never go back to regardless who's playing there. And, I think if i'd gotten shoved out of the one-square-foot of beer puddle space I had to stand in I was going to start throwing punches. Not very nice of a 35 year old to say but these little pricks were really starting to piss me off! You don't mosh at a Tool concert either! Jeez!

Word of advice to Mayard and the boys, next tour (if there is one) PLEASE visit our lovely capital city of Des Moines. I saw NIN there at Wells Fargo Arena last year and enjoyed the overall experience a helluva lot more.
OFFLINE |