View Single Post
Abu Jamaar
06-08-2007, 10:15 AM

Went down last night after reading some mixed reviews of the shows from earlier in the tour and was somewhat nervous about what we would get. I have not see Tool since Lolapalooza almost 15 years ago, when I didn't know much about them. Took my wife who had never seen Tool other than an incredible bootleg performance from the Astoria in London circa 97.

The opening band I did not care for too much. They did not play much more than 30 minutes or so.

The lights went down and the guys came and mounted their gear. Started off with Jambi, Fire orange patterns on the screen behind them and Maynard in a day glow jacket came out and set the tempo for the rest of the evening. The videos playing on the screen were out of the world. During PUSHIT, The screens had three ladies dancing and their images blinking while they danced - it was so perfect.

I have been to many many concerts in my life, and nothing ever came close to last night. Since seeing tool at Lolapalooza, I have been a huge fan for the past 15 years. I have seen bootlegs where Maynard puts on his dancing performance whilst inked up with paint that makes him appear a burn victim. I was afraid that the show would not be up to the bootlegs I have seen. I can summarize it best as follows.

Tool, like the rest of us who are still alive, has aged. Tool has matured into what I consider musical perfection. Words cannot convey what went down in Richmond last night. That was a life changing musical event. I can now die a truely happy man. The light show, and the @20 minutes of building during wings for mary into 10,000 days was probably the highlight of the show. Pushit was an unexpected reward, Maynard giving a shout to the concert right before Vicarious was wonderful. I went home smiling, woke up this morning and said to myself - that really happened.

Another note, my wife and I were 100% sober, red bulls the only thing in our system. You dont need to be intoxicated to sink into their universe. Matter of fact, I feel bad for anyone who was high or drunk, because the memory wont be there when you get old.

All for now.
Clint
Old 06-08-2007, 10:15 AM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/07 - Richmond, VA - Richmond Coliseum

Went down last night after reading some mixed reviews of the shows from earlier in the tour and was somewhat nervous about what we would get. I have not see Tool since Lolapalooza almost 15 years ago, when I didn't know much about them. Took my wife who had never seen Tool other than an incredible bootleg performance from the Astoria in London circa 97.

The opening band I did not care for too much. They did not play much more than 30 minutes or so.

The lights went down and the guys came and mounted their gear. Started off with Jambi, Fire orange patterns on the screen behind them and Maynard in a day glow jacket came out and set the tempo for the rest of the evening. The videos playing on the screen were out of the world. During PUSHIT, The screens had three ladies dancing and their images blinking while they danced - it was so perfect.

I have been to many many concerts in my life, and nothing ever came close to last night. Since seeing tool at Lolapalooza, I have been a huge fan for the past 15 years. I have seen bootlegs where Maynard puts on his dancing performance whilst inked up with paint that makes him appear a burn victim. I was afraid that the show would not be up to the bootlegs I have seen. I can summarize it best as follows.

Tool, like the rest of us who are still alive, has aged. Tool has matured into what I consider musical perfection. Words cannot convey what went down in Richmond last night. That was a life changing musical event. I can now die a truely happy man. The light show, and the @20 minutes of building during wings for mary into 10,000 days was probably the highlight of the show. Pushit was an unexpected reward, Maynard giving a shout to the concert right before Vicarious was wonderful. I went home smiling, woke up this morning and said to myself - that really happened.

Another note, my wife and I were 100% sober, red bulls the only thing in our system. You dont need to be intoxicated to sink into their universe. Matter of fact, I feel bad for anyone who was high or drunk, because the memory wont be there when you get old.

All for now.
Clint
OFFLINE |