View Single Post
Tsar7
06-08-2007, 08:04 AM

Pushit. Very stoked that we got it. Had my doubts since they played it just two shows ago - and Richmond seems unlucky with such things (we didn't get Third Eye in 2002).

Really pleased that the good vibe around the show was obviously appreciated by the band. I'd never heard or read accounts of Maynard saying anything like his bit before Vicarious. He also faced the crowd pretty much the entire time - which is perhaps a but unusual these days. Definitely mentioned flash in there somewhere - but I suspect he really meant dickheads with laser pointers.

I was on the floor straight out from Justin about 1/4 of the way back from the stage. Had a good view of Danny which was my priority. Took me a little by surprise when he hit the gong toward the end of Schism - hadn't seen that before (usually just Lateralus). At first thought he was trying to fix something when he tucked the stick under his right arm - but then lashed the gong with a boom and back into the groove in a blink. Awesome. He really is a class above.

Sound/EQ was better than I was expecting. Acoustics are not great at the coliseum. Went upstairs for a bit during Wings/10,000 to get a different perspective. Mix was noticeably meh up there - but getting the full sweep of the visuals on the floor of the stage during the trippy parts was cool.

Highlights for me were Pushit (obviously), the double time (at least) section of Schism and the huge smile that broke across Danny's face as they made the turn for home on Lateralus.

I've seen them many times in many places - and they've never disappointed - but I thought they were noticeably "on" last night.

Last edited by Tsar7; 06-08-2007 at 12:12 PM.. Reason: typo in very first word - nice
Old 06-08-2007, 08:04 AM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/07 - Richmond, VA - Richmond Coliseum

Pushit. Very stoked that we got it. Had my doubts since they played it just two shows ago - and Richmond seems unlucky with such things (we didn't get Third Eye in 2002).

Really pleased that the good vibe around the show was obviously appreciated by the band. I'd never heard or read accounts of Maynard saying anything like his bit before Vicarious. He also faced the crowd pretty much the entire time - which is perhaps a but unusual these days. Definitely mentioned flash in there somewhere - but I suspect he really meant dickheads with laser pointers.

I was on the floor straight out from Justin about 1/4 of the way back from the stage. Had a good view of Danny which was my priority. Took me a little by surprise when he hit the gong toward the end of Schism - hadn't seen that before (usually just Lateralus). At first thought he was trying to fix something when he tucked the stick under his right arm - but then lashed the gong with a boom and back into the groove in a blink. Awesome. He really is a class above.

Sound/EQ was better than I was expecting. Acoustics are not great at the coliseum. Went upstairs for a bit during Wings/10,000 to get a different perspective. Mix was noticeably meh up there - but getting the full sweep of the visuals on the floor of the stage during the trippy parts was cool.

Highlights for me were Pushit (obviously), the double time (at least) section of Schism and the huge smile that broke across Danny's face as they made the turn for home on Lateralus.

I've seen them many times in many places - and they've never disappointed - but I thought they were noticeably "on" last night.

Last edited by Tsar7; 06-08-2007 at 12:12 PM.. Reason: typo in very first word - nice
OFFLINE |