View Single Post
ironchefchris's Avatar ironchefchris
06-08-2007, 04:09 AM

Richmond rarely gets a big concert like TOOL and it was nice to see how appreciative the fans were to the band and in turn it seemed like the band was appreciative of us. This is a positive reveiw so i won't talk about melt banana. The setlist is already posted above and seems accurate...Ions was also in there and Pushit (the high point of the night) was extended here and there. The lights and visuals were awesome. The sound was muffled where i was (17 L underneath a overhang) but it was still really good. As noted before, Maynard got talkative and kept thanking us and saying how great the show was and how easy we made it for him. Also said somthing about how what they play takes a lot of time and focus. He didnt sing all of Vicarious and turned the mike to us, but yelled at the end. Few timing mistakes and pedal hiccups, but it was an overall amazing show and seemed very special and even a little intimate at times despite the usual setlist with Pushit thrown in. Awesome show. Thanks TOOL.

Side note: Elliot in the Morning shirts were everywhere...nice to see.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:09 AM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/07 - Richmond, VA - Richmond Coliseum

Richmond rarely gets a big concert like TOOL and it was nice to see how appreciative the fans were to the band and in turn it seemed like the band was appreciative of us. This is a positive reveiw so i won't talk about melt banana. The setlist is already posted above and seems accurate...Ions was also in there and Pushit (the high point of the night) was extended here and there. The lights and visuals were awesome. The sound was muffled where i was (17 L underneath a overhang) but it was still really good. As noted before, Maynard got talkative and kept thanking us and saying how great the show was and how easy we made it for him. Also said somthing about how what they play takes a lot of time and focus. He didnt sing all of Vicarious and turned the mike to us, but yelled at the end. Few timing mistakes and pedal hiccups, but it was an overall amazing show and seemed very special and even a little intimate at times despite the usual setlist with Pushit thrown in. Awesome show. Thanks TOOL.

Side note: Elliot in the Morning shirts were everywhere...nice to see.
OFFLINE |