View Single Post
AceOfSwords12's Avatar AceOfSwords12
07-17-2007, 03:34 AM

I don't mind opening with Jambi, decent energy the whole way through. If you are going to open with a 10K Days song, I think this is the one, Vicarious is definitely the one to end on!

I agree with earlier posts that Danny is as good (if not better) than any drummer of this era. I saw Rush the last two summers, Neil is a very different drummer from Danny, so it is hard to compare, but both top notch. Danny's sound is crisp and open, and technically his sound and technique is extremely clean. I don't think most casual listeners realize the complexity of his work. They seem to hear only about half of it, what a shame. I wonder if history will show him to be one of the greatest rock drummers of all time, I definitely hold him right there with Bonham!

The energy was good for most of the show in the area I was in, but I was disappointed when everyone sat down during Flood, I didn’t let that concern me, as I loved every chord. There is a definite dilemma when creating a set list for a Tool show. It seems that there are two types of fans. The ones who favor the radio-friendly songs (if there really are any), and the ones who long to hear the more seldom heard songs. Difficult to please everyone, but overall, I think the set list was appealing to both sides. I personally wouldn't have minded hearing The Grudge or Ticks & Leaches, but I was happy to just be present for the two hours they were on stage, and have no complaints what so ever.

I have seen a dozen shows at the Times Union Forum (Fmr. Pepsi Arena), and not a single one had decent sound quality; this was much better than ANY other I have seen here. I sincerely appreciate the effort that went into A/V here, as it is not an easy venue to sound good in. This was probably the most diverse crowd I have ever seen at a show like this. There were a few groups of parents with their kids in front of us, and a couple in their sixties rocking out to my left, good to see!

I have been to four Tool shows over the past few years and have yet to hear an encore. Halfway through Vicarious, I though for sure this would be the one. Energy was out of this world at that point, and the band seemed in excellent spirits. Like I said before, I was just happy to have the experience. Thank You Tool, I sincerely hope to see you again soon, Albany loves you guys!
Old 07-17-2007, 03:34 AM   #29
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/14 - Albany, NY - Times Forum Union

I don't mind opening with Jambi, decent energy the whole way through. If you are going to open with a 10K Days song, I think this is the one, Vicarious is definitely the one to end on!

I agree with earlier posts that Danny is as good (if not better) than any drummer of this era. I saw Rush the last two summers, Neil is a very different drummer from Danny, so it is hard to compare, but both top notch. Danny's sound is crisp and open, and technically his sound and technique is extremely clean. I don't think most casual listeners realize the complexity of his work. They seem to hear only about half of it, what a shame. I wonder if history will show him to be one of the greatest rock drummers of all time, I definitely hold him right there with Bonham!

The energy was good for most of the show in the area I was in, but I was disappointed when everyone sat down during Flood, I didn’t let that concern me, as I loved every chord. There is a definite dilemma when creating a set list for a Tool show. It seems that there are two types of fans. The ones who favor the radio-friendly songs (if there really are any), and the ones who long to hear the more seldom heard songs. Difficult to please everyone, but overall, I think the set list was appealing to both sides. I personally wouldn't have minded hearing The Grudge or Ticks & Leaches, but I was happy to just be present for the two hours they were on stage, and have no complaints what so ever.

I have seen a dozen shows at the Times Union Forum (Fmr. Pepsi Arena), and not a single one had decent sound quality; this was much better than ANY other I have seen here. I sincerely appreciate the effort that went into A/V here, as it is not an easy venue to sound good in. This was probably the most diverse crowd I have ever seen at a show like this. There were a few groups of parents with their kids in front of us, and a couple in their sixties rocking out to my left, good to see!

I have been to four Tool shows over the past few years and have yet to hear an encore. Halfway through Vicarious, I though for sure this would be the one. Energy was out of this world at that point, and the band seemed in excellent spirits. Like I said before, I was just happy to have the experience. Thank You Tool, I sincerely hope to see you again soon, Albany loves you guys!
OFFLINE |