View Single Post
elusivEuphoria's Avatar elusivEuphoria
06-21-2018, 02:21 PM

translation: ToolArchive got shut down.

Apparently the guy running it has filed an appeal and seems convinced that he'll get the channel back. I'm not so sure. YouTube corporate doesn't seem to care all that much these days when their algorithms decimate a channel, especially niche-y smaller ones. I wouldn't be surprised that even if given a second look they'd say the algorithm acted accordingly. Monetizing bootlegs like that is toeing a fine line. Had he played low and under the radar (not monetized the channel and sought out compensation through patreon et al), he'd have more of a leg to stand on.

It's too bad, he did good work. Even was getting pretty comprehensive with news updates regarding the new album.

I'll hope the channel/content comes back. But I won't hold my breath.

Last edited by elusivEuphoria; 06-21-2018 at 02:22 PM..
Old 06-21-2018, 02:21 PM   #5929
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860
Re: General Tool Discussion

translation: ToolArchive got shut down.

Apparently the guy running it has filed an appeal and seems convinced that he'll get the channel back. I'm not so sure. YouTube corporate doesn't seem to care all that much these days when their algorithms decimate a channel, especially niche-y smaller ones. I wouldn't be surprised that even if given a second look they'd say the algorithm acted accordingly. Monetizing bootlegs like that is toeing a fine line. Had he played low and under the radar (not monetized the channel and sought out compensation through patreon et al), he'd have more of a leg to stand on.

It's too bad, he did good work. Even was getting pretty comprehensive with news updates regarding the new album.

I'll hope the channel/content comes back. But I won't hold my breath.

Last edited by elusivEuphoria; 06-21-2018 at 02:22 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote