View Single Post
se9f
07-17-2010, 01:31 PM

Third Tool Show. Awesome overall. Third Eye was a great opening song. Maynard's vocals were (purposely) muddy and turned down for the first 2 songs, which was a little disappointing. But hearing The Patient live and his soaring voice made up for it-just spine-tingling. Intolerance live was INTENSE-they need to leave this one in the lineup. My normally placid husband was fist-pumping and screaming "Lie, Cheat and Steal" at the top of his lungs. What other song can promote that kind of reaction?Good job on the lighting, Junior-the effects were off the hook.We were right below the VIP section, and the mobile screens that came down behind Justin and Adam made the images appear to be floating behind them. The extended song versions, especially Stinkfist, were mind-blowing. They are still tight, great musicians, simply the best. I'm still talking about the experience days later. But, um, I am not paying $40-50 for a t-shirt. Maybe if Maynard had personally worn it while picking grapes, or dribbled some AZ wine down the front-but only maybe. Now, go get busy making that new album.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:31 PM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.15.2010 - San Diego, CA @ Viejas Arena

Third Tool Show. Awesome overall. Third Eye was a great opening song. Maynard's vocals were (purposely) muddy and turned down for the first 2 songs, which was a little disappointing. But hearing The Patient live and his soaring voice made up for it-just spine-tingling. Intolerance live was INTENSE-they need to leave this one in the lineup. My normally placid husband was fist-pumping and screaming "Lie, Cheat and Steal" at the top of his lungs. What other song can promote that kind of reaction?Good job on the lighting, Junior-the effects were off the hook.We were right below the VIP section, and the mobile screens that came down behind Justin and Adam made the images appear to be floating behind them. The extended song versions, especially Stinkfist, were mind-blowing. They are still tight, great musicians, simply the best. I'm still talking about the experience days later. But, um, I am not paying $40-50 for a t-shirt. Maybe if Maynard had personally worn it while picking grapes, or dribbled some AZ wine down the front-but only maybe. Now, go get busy making that new album.
OFFLINE |