View Single Post
Alice.L
08-23-2009, 06:04 PM

This was the first Tool concert, or really rock concert period, that I've been to. I liked Alice in Chains beforehand, and I even liked Linkin Park... I mean, they at least look like they're trying hard.

Tool was great; I experienced no audio problems. As my boyfriend and I were heading up to "get drunk and run into people" just after Linkin Park left, a couple of people got all weird about us having stepped in front of them and ruining their perfect vantage points... haha, well, vantage points didn't much matter by the time the music started. We'd been pushed all the way up to the front of some moshing by the gate. By that point, I hope no one was feeling snooty about their vantage point considering we were all one horseshit-scented pulsating mass pushing against itself for awhile there, and isn't that fun enough? :P

Although, even though I had fun doing that, and enjoyed all the stuff a lot- the music, the trippy visuals, the jumping around and yelling with people, the morphing/evolving face in the background, the stars, what lasers I could see, etc., I do have one question- Does Tool hate short people? D:

Nah, I know they aren't haters. But there were no cameras on the band! And I know they are certainly not about image. But I'm a short girl, and I had to have my boyfriend lift me up for a few moments anytime I actually wanted to see them PERFORM. So that was a downer. Maybe they dislike showing off their temples pouring out their souls too much, but it's just part of performing, I think. I want to see others' bodies dance around for my amusement! (Or play air guitar on a crutch, haha.) It's a part of the visceral experience. In a rock concert, we worship y'all, you worship us, quid pro quo, right?

My favorite part of the experience was actually the stars though... I'd imagined the neon one much larger and in different colors... but the fact they HAD one was great; it's just what I wanted. Does anyone know if there is a geometrical significance?
Old 08-23-2009, 06:04 PM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.22.09 - Pomona, CA @ Epicenter Fest

This was the first Tool concert, or really rock concert period, that I've been to. I liked Alice in Chains beforehand, and I even liked Linkin Park... I mean, they at least look like they're trying hard.

Tool was great; I experienced no audio problems. As my boyfriend and I were heading up to "get drunk and run into people" just after Linkin Park left, a couple of people got all weird about us having stepped in front of them and ruining their perfect vantage points... haha, well, vantage points didn't much matter by the time the music started. We'd been pushed all the way up to the front of some moshing by the gate. By that point, I hope no one was feeling snooty about their vantage point considering we were all one horseshit-scented pulsating mass pushing against itself for awhile there, and isn't that fun enough? :P

Although, even though I had fun doing that, and enjoyed all the stuff a lot- the music, the trippy visuals, the jumping around and yelling with people, the morphing/evolving face in the background, the stars, what lasers I could see, etc., I do have one question- Does Tool hate short people? D:

Nah, I know they aren't haters. But there were no cameras on the band! And I know they are certainly not about image. But I'm a short girl, and I had to have my boyfriend lift me up for a few moments anytime I actually wanted to see them PERFORM. So that was a downer. Maybe they dislike showing off their temples pouring out their souls too much, but it's just part of performing, I think. I want to see others' bodies dance around for my amusement! (Or play air guitar on a crutch, haha.) It's a part of the visceral experience. In a rock concert, we worship y'all, you worship us, quid pro quo, right?

My favorite part of the experience was actually the stars though... I'd imagined the neon one much larger and in different colors... but the fact they HAD one was great; it's just what I wanted. Does anyone know if there is a geometrical significance?
OFFLINE |