View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 11:38 PM   #1655
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion (merged)

Quote:
Originally Posted by usefulidiot View Post
After that whole fake album debacle that was proliferated on this forum (not that I believed that horseshit anyway), I don't trust anything you fuckers say anymore. Everything is a conspiracy with you guys.
Don't get used to it! It kills me! I totally feel your angst. I'm sure you guys are familiar with Andy Kaufman's career, or at least seen the movie Man on the Moon. What happened when he told his close friends he had cancer? "That's really in bad taste. I won't go along with this joke, it's too much." and "No no no... We can use that. It's great!"

Just used that analogy to elaborate. So many mixed signals. I mean, what if it were only fate that conspired to produce "serious" news on, of all days, April Fools day! I mean come on! Can't we all agree that's a day where no one says or does anything throughout the day that's not prank related?! I mean that's supposed to be the one day that if someone told you "World War III has begun!" you can actually fill yourself with that feeling of "this isn't real" and just smile back as if it were all a dream.

But yeah, great joke.
OFFLINE |