View Single Post
ColdLogic's Avatar ColdLogic
02-04-2016, 07:26 AM

3Teeth is fine, music-wise. Their stage performance was also entertaining -- you know, highly sexualized agression from the singer and animated jumping around from the guitars. Good stuff. The thing I hated was the amount of pre-recorded music they used. You know, there's all this big sound coming from the stage, and you look and none of them are playing. Even some of the vocals were piped in. You follow that up with Primus and Tool, where those folks are all playing multiple instruments at a time, and it just doesn't hold.

Primus was insane! My first time seeing them live. It was the highlight of the night, for me.

Tool, I don't know. They are amazing, but I've seen them about a dozen times now live, and I've listened to what feels like hundreds of their live concerts. So I think I'm done making the effort until the new record comes out (the effort here being us driving up to ATL from Orlando; if they come here obviously I'll go see them).

You know Danny's a virtuoso when you're anticipating the drum solo in 46&2, but when it comes you realize it sounds like his everyday, 'normal' drumming from the more recent albums! Like, he's doing crazier stuff throughout the entirety of Jambi, you know?
Old 02-04-2016, 07:26 AM   #4
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 29
Re: REVIEW - Jan 26th Atlanta

3Teeth is fine, music-wise. Their stage performance was also entertaining -- you know, highly sexualized agression from the singer and animated jumping around from the guitars. Good stuff. The thing I hated was the amount of pre-recorded music they used. You know, there's all this big sound coming from the stage, and you look and none of them are playing. Even some of the vocals were piped in. You follow that up with Primus and Tool, where those folks are all playing multiple instruments at a time, and it just doesn't hold.

Primus was insane! My first time seeing them live. It was the highlight of the night, for me.

Tool, I don't know. They are amazing, but I've seen them about a dozen times now live, and I've listened to what feels like hundreds of their live concerts. So I think I'm done making the effort until the new record comes out (the effort here being us driving up to ATL from Orlando; if they come here obviously I'll go see them).

You know Danny's a virtuoso when you're anticipating the drum solo in 46&2, but when it comes you realize it sounds like his everyday, 'normal' drumming from the more recent albums! Like, he's doing crazier stuff throughout the entirety of Jambi, you know?