View Single Post
etherboy
12-03-2007, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude1975 View Post
First of all I'm really surprised that any of the Meth and crack heads could save up over $80 for a ticket. Most of what I'm going to write has been posted already, how many douchebags does it take to start a mash pit when its assigned seating on the floor. Why the hell would you bring a laser pointer into a concert just to piss off the band you paid good money to see. I've lived in Kelowna for 4 years now and is it just me or does this town seem to have a more higher percentage of douchebags and jackasses then any other place. I was hoping to see Tool in Vancouver last September but couldn't because of work, I couldn't believe when I heard they were coming to Kelowna. Instead of rolling out the red carpet for these guys, what do we do, we fill prospera place with enough assholes to piss off the band so they never come back. I don't know why they came to Kelowna in the first place, maybe Maynard wanted to check out our wineries and get some pointers for his own.

Despite it all Tool was awesome. This was the best concert that I've ever been too. I think Tool is the best, most original and talented band. The next time I go to see them I will just go to Vancouver.

I was just wondering what everyone else thought about the job that the staff did at prospera place? We were outside in the lineup at 6:15 and we didnt get in till after 7:10. I know they opened the doors later then when they said they would (6:30), but it was pretty damn cold out there, they were practically strip searching everybody, and they still managed to miss at least one laser pointer, about 5 cell phones and 40 pounds of weed. The beer lineup was even worse. They were carding everybody. I'm 32 years old and when I finally get up to the front I get carded, I have to go back to my seat, find my wife who has my wallet, and get back in the lineup, get carded again. The two guys behind me started laughing when I got carded (both looked in their forty's) but I had to laugh when they got carded also. I dont understand why they didn't have any beer pre-poured when you got to the counter, nobody goes there for popcorn.
I've got nothing against people who drink at concerts, but I was there to see TOOL not drink beer... beer I can have anytime... and I don't feel like beer helps my appreciation of TOOL... also beer is too fucking expensive there anyway...

Let's all pray that TOOL even grace BC again...
Old 12-03-2007, 11:54 PM   #23
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 29 Kelowna Prospera Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude1975 View Post
First of all I'm really surprised that any of the Meth and crack heads could save up over $80 for a ticket. Most of what I'm going to write has been posted already, how many douchebags does it take to start a mash pit when its assigned seating on the floor. Why the hell would you bring a laser pointer into a concert just to piss off the band you paid good money to see. I've lived in Kelowna for 4 years now and is it just me or does this town seem to have a more higher percentage of douchebags and jackasses then any other place. I was hoping to see Tool in Vancouver last September but couldn't because of work, I couldn't believe when I heard they were coming to Kelowna. Instead of rolling out the red carpet for these guys, what do we do, we fill prospera place with enough assholes to piss off the band so they never come back. I don't know why they came to Kelowna in the first place, maybe Maynard wanted to check out our wineries and get some pointers for his own.

Despite it all Tool was awesome. This was the best concert that I've ever been too. I think Tool is the best, most original and talented band. The next time I go to see them I will just go to Vancouver.

I was just wondering what everyone else thought about the job that the staff did at prospera place? We were outside in the lineup at 6:15 and we didnt get in till after 7:10. I know they opened the doors later then when they said they would (6:30), but it was pretty damn cold out there, they were practically strip searching everybody, and they still managed to miss at least one laser pointer, about 5 cell phones and 40 pounds of weed. The beer lineup was even worse. They were carding everybody. I'm 32 years old and when I finally get up to the front I get carded, I have to go back to my seat, find my wife who has my wallet, and get back in the lineup, get carded again. The two guys behind me started laughing when I got carded (both looked in their forty's) but I had to laugh when they got carded also. I dont understand why they didn't have any beer pre-poured when you got to the counter, nobody goes there for popcorn.
I've got nothing against people who drink at concerts, but I was there to see TOOL not drink beer... beer I can have anytime... and I don't feel like beer helps my appreciation of TOOL... also beer is too fucking expensive there anyway...

Let's all pray that TOOL even grace BC again...