View Single Post
erudianart
12-02-2007, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNABASB View Post
Near the end of Wings pt. 1, right before Maynard was about to do the "difficult to see you in this light..." line, he stopped singing and said "thanks for the present!" to the crowd. And then the song ended and they didn't do part. 2. I couldn't see much from where I was standing, but I'm guessing somebody must have thrown something on the stage. It's the only thing that makes sense.

I agree with what another poster said, it was a potentially awesome show that was somewhat ruined by drunken idiots (I say "somewhat" because I still had a blast so I don't want to say it was ruined!)

Maynard didn't seem impressed with the crowd at all. Guessing they won't be back here any time soon...sigh...
Ah! makes sense - Maynard was talking to Adam right after wings and was moving his hands in a sort of "F THESE HOBOS" sorta style - and I think Adam settled him down.

I wish I could apologize to the band members for the douchebaggery levels at Kelowna, but I doubt that would matter. I just hope they keep on coming to Vancouver because that show was way better. The reason why it was ruined for me was because the whole reason WHY i went to the show was to see 10000 days live and experience it, and when they didn't play it it pretty much ruined my night.

It was almost like Tool was radiating this type of energy, and the crowd was slowly bastardizing it by the time it got to me, so I could feel traces of the original beauty but it just wasn't there.

Anywho, I guess I will take what I get when I get a chance to see Tool live! Good things taken away though, lots of positives, just the show didn't play up to its potential.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:31 AM   #13
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 29 Kelowna Prospera Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNABASB View Post
Near the end of Wings pt. 1, right before Maynard was about to do the "difficult to see you in this light..." line, he stopped singing and said "thanks for the present!" to the crowd. And then the song ended and they didn't do part. 2. I couldn't see much from where I was standing, but I'm guessing somebody must have thrown something on the stage. It's the only thing that makes sense.

I agree with what another poster said, it was a potentially awesome show that was somewhat ruined by drunken idiots (I say "somewhat" because I still had a blast so I don't want to say it was ruined!)

Maynard didn't seem impressed with the crowd at all. Guessing they won't be back here any time soon...sigh...
Ah! makes sense - Maynard was talking to Adam right after wings and was moving his hands in a sort of "F THESE HOBOS" sorta style - and I think Adam settled him down.

I wish I could apologize to the band members for the douchebaggery levels at Kelowna, but I doubt that would matter. I just hope they keep on coming to Vancouver because that show was way better. The reason why it was ruined for me was because the whole reason WHY i went to the show was to see 10000 days live and experience it, and when they didn't play it it pretty much ruined my night.

It was almost like Tool was radiating this type of energy, and the crowd was slowly bastardizing it by the time it got to me, so I could feel traces of the original beauty but it just wasn't there.

Anywho, I guess I will take what I get when I get a chance to see Tool live! Good things taken away though, lots of positives, just the show didn't play up to its potential.
OFFLINE |