View Single Post
ak11's Avatar ak11
11-30-2007, 11:30 AM

Well, this was Tool concert #6 for me, and I must admit I found it rather disappointing. I had a similar experience in Vancouver, but kidded myself into believing that our seats were responsible for all disappointments. Here are my highlights and lowlights; I'll start with the lowlights.

Lowlights:
The mixing/The sound: It was hard to hear Maynard's voice, and hard to distinguish one instrument from another (with the exception of Danny on the drums of course). This was really the worst part of the show. Back in '01 when I first saw them I remember thinking that the songs sounded as good or better than the studio versions. This time it sounded infinitely worse than the studio versions...and I only paid $20 for that.

Seats on the floor: Nuff said.

Flood: The song I anticipated the most, sucked the most - because Maynard forgot a whole verse!

10000 days: Why on earth did they only play Part 1? At the time I thought that something had happened...I just had assumed that they'd continue into the second part. But then Maynard said something like "Thanks, it's been a pleasure" and the song slowly came to an end. Then there was a big long pause before they started the next song. Honestly in that moment I thought they just might walk off the stage!

Like a broken record, baby: Maybe I'm just jaded after having seen them so many times...but I'm really tired of them playing practically the same set list in every town and on every tour! (unless they've released a new album, in which case they'll just play the same new songs in every town). I've seen them play Stinkfist 6 times but still haven't heard them play some of my favourites.

Tool: With the exception of Danny and maybe Justin - they looked bored. It's not like I've ever seen them at a time when they're very animated...but back in '01 and '02 Maynard was still painting himself up and really moving along to the music.

Highlights:

Wicked drum solo: w/Sebastien from Trans Am (and that reminds me, Trans Am was another lowlight). This was the best part of the night.

Flood: yeah, he skipped a whole verse in a rather short song...but damn, I love that song.

Lateralus & Stinkfist: best sounding songs of the night, in my opinion.

Lasers!!!: Last time I was sitting in a place where I couldn't see anything but Justin, Maynard and the screens profiles. It was awesome to see the lights, and I wished that I didn't smoke my pot at the beginning of the show. The lights and lasers after the break were awesome!!!

Tool: Even if they disappoint, they are still my favourite band! I was so happy that they came to Kelowna! I could not afford to go to Vancouver or anything so I was really appreciative of this opportunity. I look forward to seeing them again!!!

Setlist, as I remember it:

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
- short intermission -
Flood
Wings for Marie/10,000 days part one only
Lateralus
Vicarious

This set list is definitely more accurate than the one posted by etherboy.

Last edited by ak11; 11-30-2007 at 12:00 PM..
Old 11-30-2007, 11:30 AM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 29 Kelowna Prospera Place

Well, this was Tool concert #6 for me, and I must admit I found it rather disappointing. I had a similar experience in Vancouver, but kidded myself into believing that our seats were responsible for all disappointments. Here are my highlights and lowlights; I'll start with the lowlights.

Lowlights:
The mixing/The sound: It was hard to hear Maynard's voice, and hard to distinguish one instrument from another (with the exception of Danny on the drums of course). This was really the worst part of the show. Back in '01 when I first saw them I remember thinking that the songs sounded as good or better than the studio versions. This time it sounded infinitely worse than the studio versions...and I only paid $20 for that.

Seats on the floor: Nuff said.

Flood: The song I anticipated the most, sucked the most - because Maynard forgot a whole verse!

10000 days: Why on earth did they only play Part 1? At the time I thought that something had happened...I just had assumed that they'd continue into the second part. But then Maynard said something like "Thanks, it's been a pleasure" and the song slowly came to an end. Then there was a big long pause before they started the next song. Honestly in that moment I thought they just might walk off the stage!

Like a broken record, baby: Maybe I'm just jaded after having seen them so many times...but I'm really tired of them playing practically the same set list in every town and on every tour! (unless they've released a new album, in which case they'll just play the same new songs in every town). I've seen them play Stinkfist 6 times but still haven't heard them play some of my favourites.

Tool: With the exception of Danny and maybe Justin - they looked bored. It's not like I've ever seen them at a time when they're very animated...but back in '01 and '02 Maynard was still painting himself up and really moving along to the music.

Highlights:

Wicked drum solo: w/Sebastien from Trans Am (and that reminds me, Trans Am was another lowlight). This was the best part of the night.

Flood: yeah, he skipped a whole verse in a rather short song...but damn, I love that song.

Lateralus & Stinkfist: best sounding songs of the night, in my opinion.

Lasers!!!: Last time I was sitting in a place where I couldn't see anything but Justin, Maynard and the screens profiles. It was awesome to see the lights, and I wished that I didn't smoke my pot at the beginning of the show. The lights and lasers after the break were awesome!!!

Tool: Even if they disappoint, they are still my favourite band! I was so happy that they came to Kelowna! I could not afford to go to Vancouver or anything so I was really appreciative of this opportunity. I look forward to seeing them again!!!

Setlist, as I remember it:

Jambi
Stinkfist
46 & 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
- short intermission -
Flood
Wings for Marie/10,000 days part one only
Lateralus
Vicarious

This set list is definitely more accurate than the one posted by etherboy.

Last edited by ak11; 11-30-2007 at 12:00 PM..
OFFLINE |