View Single Post
etherboy
11-30-2007, 12:06 AM

What do I need to say? The show was amazing... here is the setlist as I remember it:
Jambi
Stinkfist
Rosetta Stoned
Forty Six & 2
Wings For Marie (10,000 Days Part 1)
Schism
Flood
Lateralus
Vicarious

Might not be exact...

This was my first TOOL concert and I'm glad I went... the show was incredible... the stage had images projected onto it and worked in time with multiple screens arrayed around the stage (which showed the usual visual stuff like TOOL videos and random weird stuff!) they also had an awesome laser show for the later songs...

The sound mix was pretty good where I was, Prospera Place is a fairly small auditorium, so the positioning was not as important as a larger one... I was about 50 feet from the stage (maybe less) and it was great to see the emotion of the artists from that distance... I was on Adam's side of the stage, which was great as I'm a guitarist too, so seeing his playing style (fairly stationary) was interesting, but it was great to see the way he played some of my favourite songs...

Danny was, of course, friggin amazing... and before Lateralus stage-hands brought out a second drum kit and during the Lateralus interlude the drummer from the opening act (Trans Am) come out and played an amazing drum duet/drum-off with Danny... Danny was victorious, but full credit to the other guy for an awesome performance...

The crowning moment was when the band embraced at the end of Vicarious... touching guys!

(More details to come later)
Old 11-30-2007, 12:06 AM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 29 Kelowna Prospera Place

What do I need to say? The show was amazing... here is the setlist as I remember it:
Jambi
Stinkfist
Rosetta Stoned
Forty Six & 2
Wings For Marie (10,000 Days Part 1)
Schism
Flood
Lateralus
Vicarious

Might not be exact...

This was my first TOOL concert and I'm glad I went... the show was incredible... the stage had images projected onto it and worked in time with multiple screens arrayed around the stage (which showed the usual visual stuff like TOOL videos and random weird stuff!) they also had an awesome laser show for the later songs...

The sound mix was pretty good where I was, Prospera Place is a fairly small auditorium, so the positioning was not as important as a larger one... I was about 50 feet from the stage (maybe less) and it was great to see the emotion of the artists from that distance... I was on Adam's side of the stage, which was great as I'm a guitarist too, so seeing his playing style (fairly stationary) was interesting, but it was great to see the way he played some of my favourite songs...

Danny was, of course, friggin amazing... and before Lateralus stage-hands brought out a second drum kit and during the Lateralus interlude the drummer from the opening act (Trans Am) come out and played an amazing drum duet/drum-off with Danny... Danny was victorious, but full credit to the other guy for an awesome performance...

The crowning moment was when the band embraced at the end of Vicarious... touching guys!

(More details to come later)