View Single Post
Atbr
08-10-2007, 01:47 PM

Set list is correct I think. I was in the front row and the pressure and energy was amazing.
The opening riffs of Jambi really set off the crowd and the place was in total chaos in contrast to the other shows prior to Tool. Maynard's voice was too mixed down, but he seemed really into the show with all his Nard-dances etc. Justin seemed a little bored, but was still rocking hard as usual. But Adam was the weakest of the four. He just stood there in the same position during the whole show - not that I would expect anything else from him, but he was kinda dull. The man who was dominating the show was Danny, for sure. The energy he emitted was huge. He was so fucking concentrated, and nailed everything top notch, though I think I noticed the rest of the band fucking up a bit in the end of Schism, or Jambi.. Don't remember really.
The highlights of the show was: Flood, Rosetta Stoned and Lateralus, in which Danny had added an extremely well played and tight solo before the odd-meter-hi-hat-thing. It was the first time I saw Flood and Rosetta Stoned live, and those two were fantastic too. All in all it was a great show and I really enjoyed the presence of Danny Carey. Pity they cut it short though. I saw the Nard pointing against his throat after Lateralus and I guess that settled it. Justin kind of surprised the whole band and crowd with a loud throw-in to Vicarious, which was great, but I think they need to get a better Closer.
They had a new touch to the scene as well, I think. The big screen was placed behind the 4 small ones, which were tilted sideways. And the lasers were great too, I didn't think they could pull off the laser-smoke-cloud-thing, but they did. I'd give this show a 5/5, but I'm a little disappointed that they made it so short, since I put so much effort into going to Norway, staying at a hostel, waiting in the front row for 4 hours and so on, but I hope they'll come to sweden next time. Maynard said "See you again soon", and something more unaudible at the end of the set.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:47 PM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: 2007/08/09 - Oslo, Norway - Oya Festival

Set list is correct I think. I was in the front row and the pressure and energy was amazing.
The opening riffs of Jambi really set off the crowd and the place was in total chaos in contrast to the other shows prior to Tool. Maynard's voice was too mixed down, but he seemed really into the show with all his Nard-dances etc. Justin seemed a little bored, but was still rocking hard as usual. But Adam was the weakest of the four. He just stood there in the same position during the whole show - not that I would expect anything else from him, but he was kinda dull. The man who was dominating the show was Danny, for sure. The energy he emitted was huge. He was so fucking concentrated, and nailed everything top notch, though I think I noticed the rest of the band fucking up a bit in the end of Schism, or Jambi.. Don't remember really.
The highlights of the show was: Flood, Rosetta Stoned and Lateralus, in which Danny had added an extremely well played and tight solo before the odd-meter-hi-hat-thing. It was the first time I saw Flood and Rosetta Stoned live, and those two were fantastic too. All in all it was a great show and I really enjoyed the presence of Danny Carey. Pity they cut it short though. I saw the Nard pointing against his throat after Lateralus and I guess that settled it. Justin kind of surprised the whole band and crowd with a loud throw-in to Vicarious, which was great, but I think they need to get a better Closer.
They had a new touch to the scene as well, I think. The big screen was placed behind the 4 small ones, which were tilted sideways. And the lasers were great too, I didn't think they could pull off the laser-smoke-cloud-thing, but they did. I'd give this show a 5/5, but I'm a little disappointed that they made it so short, since I put so much effort into going to Norway, staying at a hostel, waiting in the front row for 4 hours and so on, but I hope they'll come to sweden next time. Maynard said "See you again soon", and something more unaudible at the end of the set.
OFFLINE |