View Single Post
Oversoul22's Avatar Oversoul22
05-20-2007, 09:34 AM

Maynard really seemed talkitive last night. Maynardisms: "Hello, (Jerk or drunk)-Assholes!", "Seriously though. Seriously. How are you doing tonight? *crowd cheers* Sounds more like Kansas than Oklahoma." *crowd boos I cheer hehe*. Then before Wings, "Thank you." I didn't see anything get thrown on stage and the crowd seemed really into it. I am really dissappointed that they cut the setlist short, even though they were onstage for about the same amount of time, the long Lost Keys wasn't needed even though I liked hearing Maynard say the words of the song, it really got boring. And I didn't mind the Kansas, Oklahoma comment. He was just teasing everyone. I cheered because I'm from Kansas and went to the Wichita show. Have a sense of humor. But this concert started off and I thought it was going to kick Wichita's ass. The set list:
Jambi
(-) Ions/Stinkfist(extended bitches,first time on tour)
Forty-Six and Two
Schism(extended on crack)
Lost Keys(Full version plus some, not needed)
Rosetta Stoned
Intension/Right In Two
Wings For Marie(Part One)
10,000 Days(Wings Part Two)
Lateralus
I'm really starting to like Jambi as an opener but I think Stinkfist is better.
When I heard Maynard talking to us and the extended Stinkfist with a little bit of (-)Ions before it I really thought this concert was going to be the best by far. The only thing that made it not be the best was no Vicarious or AEnema. A little pissed but to look at the bright side; I've seen them live twice before and they ended on my favorite song: Lateralus. I like Rosetta Stoned and thought it was funny when Maynard talked crazy fast to see how far ahead of the band he could get. Lateralus and Stinkfist(extended) were the best songs of the night, even though Wings 1 and 2 never let down. Overall review:
Venue: A
Crowd: A
Lights: A
Lasers!:A
Band's Energy: A
Shortened Set list: D- Very Bummed!
Overall TOOL expierence: B-. Not as good as Wichita but was still a priceless night I will never forget, thank you TOOL and oklahoma, from your neighbor to the North.
P.S. I'll bet they are saving something really special for San Antonio. Wish I could be there! And I love the alien video effects during Rosetta Stoned. Amazing.

Last edited by Oversoul22; 05-20-2007 at 09:55 AM..
Old 05-20-2007, 09:34 AM   #27
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/19 - Oklahoma City, OK - Ford Center

Maynard really seemed talkitive last night. Maynardisms: "Hello, (Jerk or drunk)-Assholes!", "Seriously though. Seriously. How are you doing tonight? *crowd cheers* Sounds more like Kansas than Oklahoma." *crowd boos I cheer hehe*. Then before Wings, "Thank you." I didn't see anything get thrown on stage and the crowd seemed really into it. I am really dissappointed that they cut the setlist short, even though they were onstage for about the same amount of time, the long Lost Keys wasn't needed even though I liked hearing Maynard say the words of the song, it really got boring. And I didn't mind the Kansas, Oklahoma comment. He was just teasing everyone. I cheered because I'm from Kansas and went to the Wichita show. Have a sense of humor. But this concert started off and I thought it was going to kick Wichita's ass. The set list:
Jambi
(-) Ions/Stinkfist(extended bitches,first time on tour)
Forty-Six and Two
Schism(extended on crack)
Lost Keys(Full version plus some, not needed)
Rosetta Stoned
Intension/Right In Two
Wings For Marie(Part One)
10,000 Days(Wings Part Two)
Lateralus
I'm really starting to like Jambi as an opener but I think Stinkfist is better.
When I heard Maynard talking to us and the extended Stinkfist with a little bit of (-)Ions before it I really thought this concert was going to be the best by far. The only thing that made it not be the best was no Vicarious or AEnema. A little pissed but to look at the bright side; I've seen them live twice before and they ended on my favorite song: Lateralus. I like Rosetta Stoned and thought it was funny when Maynard talked crazy fast to see how far ahead of the band he could get. Lateralus and Stinkfist(extended) were the best songs of the night, even though Wings 1 and 2 never let down. Overall review:
Venue: A
Crowd: A
Lights: A
Lasers!:A
Band's Energy: A
Shortened Set list: D- Very Bummed!
Overall TOOL expierence: B-. Not as good as Wichita but was still a priceless night I will never forget, thank you TOOL and oklahoma, from your neighbor to the North.
P.S. I'll bet they are saving something really special for San Antonio. Wish I could be there! And I love the alien video effects during Rosetta Stoned. Amazing.

Last edited by Oversoul22; 05-20-2007 at 09:55 AM..
OFFLINE |