3rd show in 8 days
i live in topeka
also went to wichita and council bluffs shows
despite getting "shorted" there were certain extra tidbits to set this
apart from the other shows.

at the wichita show, we got the whole setlist but maynard really didn't seem
that into it. i'm from kansas and was kinda disappointed with my fellow
kansas residents as really the crowd looked fucking bored out of their mind
so i can't really blame him too much. but on the other hand full set list.

at the council bluffs show we got shorted aenema but it was, imo, a better venue,
maynard was alot more energetic and into it, as was the crowd. best little tidbit
during that show was the lovingly placed "happy mother's day" in between wings 1 & 2.
really touching and powerful moment imo.

and then last night
i knew instantly when it came to that point of stinkfist that we were getting the extended
version and i was so psyched to see it for the first time this tour.
plus the uber extended lost keys was a hypnotic treat.
and maynard was on last night. so was everyone else to.

i had floor tix for all 3 shows and i did like the seating of last night but it did restrict
how much you were able to move around. luckily a couple people right next to me
left after schism and i had more room to move around. i was about 8 rows from the stage
standing right in front of adam so it was a treat not having to muscle for that good
of a position.

and the fight was pretty wild as far as i could tell. good to see the guy get taken out.
it was great because pretty much the second i turned around to face the stage after
the guy was being led out, the lights went down and it started. maynard came out
and said something to the effect of "good evening, you drunken assholes". funny stuff.

and personally i wouldn't go to the show expecting pushit just because because they
played it at 2 out of the 15 shows so far. everybody probably knows the standard
set list at this point so if there is something different(ie. extended stinkfist) it'll be
an added bonus. not that i wouldn't love to hear pushit or 3rd eye or parabola but
i don't go to the show expecting them to pull out a massive surprise.
but here's hoping for pushit in st. louis on june 22nd :)
Old 05-20-2007, 06:24 AM   #21
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/19 - Oklahoma City, OK - Ford Center

3rd show in 8 days
i live in topeka
also went to wichita and council bluffs shows
despite getting "shorted" there were certain extra tidbits to set this
apart from the other shows.

at the wichita show, we got the whole setlist but maynard really didn't seem
that into it. i'm from kansas and was kinda disappointed with my fellow
kansas residents as really the crowd looked fucking bored out of their mind
so i can't really blame him too much. but on the other hand full set list.

at the council bluffs show we got shorted aenema but it was, imo, a better venue,
maynard was alot more energetic and into it, as was the crowd. best little tidbit
during that show was the lovingly placed "happy mother's day" in between wings 1 & 2.
really touching and powerful moment imo.

and then last night
i knew instantly when it came to that point of stinkfist that we were getting the extended
version and i was so psyched to see it for the first time this tour.
plus the uber extended lost keys was a hypnotic treat.
and maynard was on last night. so was everyone else to.

i had floor tix for all 3 shows and i did like the seating of last night but it did restrict
how much you were able to move around. luckily a couple people right next to me
left after schism and i had more room to move around. i was about 8 rows from the stage
standing right in front of adam so it was a treat not having to muscle for that good
of a position.

and the fight was pretty wild as far as i could tell. good to see the guy get taken out.
it was great because pretty much the second i turned around to face the stage after
the guy was being led out, the lights went down and it started. maynard came out
and said something to the effect of "good evening, you drunken assholes". funny stuff.

and personally i wouldn't go to the show expecting pushit just because because they
played it at 2 out of the 15 shows so far. everybody probably knows the standard
set list at this point so if there is something different(ie. extended stinkfist) it'll be
an added bonus. not that i wouldn't love to hear pushit or 3rd eye or parabola but
i don't go to the show expecting them to pull out a massive surprise.
but here's hoping for pushit in st. louis on june 22nd :)
OFFLINE |