View Single Post
imitatio's Avatar imitatio
05-20-2007, 12:43 AM

I thought the show was incredible, and the band and the crowd was ten times better than ft worth and bossier city, both of which I was at.

Give me OKC minus 2 songs vs a complete Ft Worth set any day of the week. It was obvious to me that the band, and maynard especially, fed off the insane audience and belted it out in an almost lateralus tour fashion. He screamed more in the first 2 songs of OKC than he did in FT worth and bossier city combined. I think it was very obvious that the college town crowd along with the fans from surrounding cities, such as DFW, who would only drive long distances to a tool show really weeded out the pompous sit-on-their-hands crowd I witnessed at ft worth and bossier city. And the fight didnt hurt things either, other than the people who got in the fight haha.

I'd much rather hear unique and not often heard versions of 3 different songs (stinkfist, the tabla work on right in two, and lateralus) than 2 songs (vicarious and aenima) that are almost always played in a manner very similar to the recorded version....not to mention I've heard them both live about 6 and ten times now, respectively

I'm sure it's been stated already, but the extra drum work on right in two and lateralus especially is worth the price of admission. Simply stunning.

San an here I come, and then back to reality. 4 shows in 6 days in about all I can soak in.

and to those complaining about the "ambient noise"....have you listened to a tool record since undertow? they obviously deem their "ambient noise" artistic enough to make it on their records. If you were not expecting this, then you were not being very sensible in your expectations in my opinion. Just as their is an ebb and flow with their albumns, I believe they desire to take the audience on that same journey in their live performances.

B

- C. Sagan

Last edited by imitatio; 05-20-2007 at 12:55 AM..
Old 05-20-2007, 12:43 AM   #18
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 8
Re: 2007/05/19 - Oklahoma City, OK - Ford Center

I thought the show was incredible, and the band and the crowd was ten times better than ft worth and bossier city, both of which I was at.

Give me OKC minus 2 songs vs a complete Ft Worth set any day of the week. It was obvious to me that the band, and maynard especially, fed off the insane audience and belted it out in an almost lateralus tour fashion. He screamed more in the first 2 songs of OKC than he did in FT worth and bossier city combined. I think it was very obvious that the college town crowd along with the fans from surrounding cities, such as DFW, who would only drive long distances to a tool show really weeded out the pompous sit-on-their-hands crowd I witnessed at ft worth and bossier city. And the fight didnt hurt things either, other than the people who got in the fight haha.

I'd much rather hear unique and not often heard versions of 3 different songs (stinkfist, the tabla work on right in two, and lateralus) than 2 songs (vicarious and aenima) that are almost always played in a manner very similar to the recorded version....not to mention I've heard them both live about 6 and ten times now, respectively

I'm sure it's been stated already, but the extra drum work on right in two and lateralus especially is worth the price of admission. Simply stunning.

San an here I come, and then back to reality. 4 shows in 6 days in about all I can soak in.

and to those complaining about the "ambient noise"....have you listened to a tool record since undertow? they obviously deem their "ambient noise" artistic enough to make it on their records. If you were not expecting this, then you were not being very sensible in your expectations in my opinion. Just as their is an ebb and flow with their albumns, I believe they desire to take the audience on that same journey in their live performances.

B

- C. Sagan

Last edited by imitatio; 05-20-2007 at 12:55 AM..
OFFLINE |