View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 02:56 PM   #41
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/22 - Detroit, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills

Thought the show was incredible. It's hard to compare it to the 3 other times I've seen them because this time I was on shrooms. Not enough to severely distort things, but enough to make it sound and feel a little different. Was very high, especially thanks to the j's we sparked up.

My seats were great, except for the 60-year-old couple next to me that was WASTED before Tool even started. She told me (twice) that I have "nice lips." Ha. The old bat wouldn't stop talking to me during the show (saying things out of nowhere like "My son is in the army. He's doing something for our country!") and when I finally told her to stop, she called me a dick and continued insulting me throughout the show. I tried my best to ignore her, and she eventually got better and apologized before she left.

I don't know if I'd call the Pot thing a "screwup." I thought it was kind of cool how he paused and then started up again right in line with Justin.

I thought the audio was great overall, but that the vocals sounded drowned out a little too much. Of course, NBA arenas are notorious for bad acoustics, though.

I wish I could get a recording of that astounding electronic/ambient sounding jam they played before Vicarious. That was great.

I emerged from the concert with a new appreciation for Wings for Marie and Aenema, in particular. Both songs totally blew me away.

I'm glad they played most of 10,000 Days. It's become my favorite album, and I've already heard most of their Lateralus and Aenema stuff live. I also find the post-Undertow stuff grossly inferior to everything before it, so the set list was pretty much exactly what I wanted.

And what about the thunderstorm that was waiting for us on the outside? I thought that added some nice flavor to the night.

Last edited by MrPot; 09-24-2006 at 01:36 PM..
OFFLINE |