Thread: meta-song
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 09:24 AM   #11
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 24
Re: meta-song

I hear a lot about the "overthinking, over-analyzing seperates the body from the mind" statement as a warning, in that we wouldnt want these two to split. Well being that we already are disharmonic creatures I always thought this statement to be an anthem for people who do no such thing(analyze). Just questioning everything is a simple exercise and very effective in opening the mind up to stimulating possibilities, which could then bring us back to our physical being with a new light.

I realize theres these Mind/Body philosophies and practices, and this could be the ultimate goal... but then again I consider seperation from the physical body to be a way of freeing ourselves from all desires the body suggests. We do that, and we are free to be. I believe we can overthink ourselves into feeling whatever we want, and this would allow passage to..

"meta-physiological, meta-biological involving contelligence projected out from the Quantum Projection Boooth." To become non-local.

I could go either way on any of this... s'all good

If it is Tool saying slow down on the analyzing of our songs and feel it, i get a chuckle " think for yourself... christ, stop for a second!"
And so what you're saying when you say 'I understand it intellectually, but I don't get it intuitively,' or 'I don't feel it in my bones,' is that you understand it in the sense of being able to repeat a form of words.

Last edited by (self(other; 08-05-2006 at 09:29 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote