Thread: Do You Agree...
View Single Post
theprosperone
07-19-2006, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grady
...those who say they "don't like" the album, just don't "get" TOOL?
I can understand if you prefer past albums, but isn't it impossible to "dislike" a song/album?

I went in a liquor store yesterday wearing my new 10K shirt. This kid stops in his tracks staring at me. Finally he speaks and says "Awesome shirt! Do you like the album?" I explained how it didn't leave my cd player for almost a month when it came out. (I was actually listening to it as I pulled up too)

He shocked me by saying that he didn't like it and things like, "there's no memorable riffs..." and "I can't listen to 4 mins of intro anymore."

I really thought "Should I hit him?" After a few minutes of his absurd reasonings for it not being as good as Opiate, I told him he was clearly an idiot.

Of course he then told me I should check out his band. (i've been in a couple bands for nearly 10 yrs, so...) I wasn't trying to hear that and left.

I've been puzzled by this fucker since, and then it dawned on me. Even if someone is a TOOL fan and think they're die hard, it is possible for them not to really "get" it.

If you guys agree, I won't go back and lay into him today.

later.
Heh I kinda agree. There are different factors here and there but really if you don't like this album you really don't like what Tool is about, at least now.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:46 PM   #19
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4
Re: Do You Agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grady
...those who say they "don't like" the album, just don't "get" TOOL?
I can understand if you prefer past albums, but isn't it impossible to "dislike" a song/album?

I went in a liquor store yesterday wearing my new 10K shirt. This kid stops in his tracks staring at me. Finally he speaks and says "Awesome shirt! Do you like the album?" I explained how it didn't leave my cd player for almost a month when it came out. (I was actually listening to it as I pulled up too)

He shocked me by saying that he didn't like it and things like, "there's no memorable riffs..." and "I can't listen to 4 mins of intro anymore."

I really thought "Should I hit him?" After a few minutes of his absurd reasonings for it not being as good as Opiate, I told him he was clearly an idiot.

Of course he then told me I should check out his band. (i've been in a couple bands for nearly 10 yrs, so...) I wasn't trying to hear that and left.

I've been puzzled by this fucker since, and then it dawned on me. Even if someone is a TOOL fan and think they're die hard, it is possible for them not to really "get" it.

If you guys agree, I won't go back and lay into him today.

later.
Heh I kinda agree. There are different factors here and there but really if you don't like this album you really don't like what Tool is about, at least now.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote