Thread: Do You Agree...
View Single Post
rogerdoger's Avatar rogerdoger
07-19-2006, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiraMirabilis
I am afraid I agree with grady here.

Most people think 10,000 days sucks, but some people like me think it is a masterpiece, not only that, but possibly Tool's best. People aren't going to think it is a masterpiece if it isn't, so the only possibility is that it is a masterpiece and the people who don't like it simply don't get it. I don't like hip-hop even though there are hip-hop masterpiece's around; this is because I don't get hip-hop.

But I also think there is something fundermentally Toolish in all of their albums, and you can't really be a fan if you fail to find that something. However, you can come round to an album, so I suggest that if your a Tool fan who doesn't get 10,000 days, remove your prejudices and give it another listen. Saying it sucks is just a way of avoiding the truth. Everyone his the ability to love the album, it just needs the time and effort that Tool expects from its fans.
You my friend need to open up your mind a little bit. Things aren't set in stone as being masterpieces or not being masterpieces. If a person doesn't like it, it does not mean they don't understand it, that is the most absurd thing I've ever heard. A person can understand things and not like the truth ya know, such as smoking cigarettes is bad for you, it's a fact, everyone accepts it's a fact, not everyone likes that, because they like smoking. You can't paint everything to be so black and white. Open up a little.

And by the way, I love the album, but I have no problem with anyone who doesn't.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:53 PM   #13
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8
Re: Do You Agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiraMirabilis
I am afraid I agree with grady here.

Most people think 10,000 days sucks, but some people like me think it is a masterpiece, not only that, but possibly Tool's best. People aren't going to think it is a masterpiece if it isn't, so the only possibility is that it is a masterpiece and the people who don't like it simply don't get it. I don't like hip-hop even though there are hip-hop masterpiece's around; this is because I don't get hip-hop.

But I also think there is something fundermentally Toolish in all of their albums, and you can't really be a fan if you fail to find that something. However, you can come round to an album, so I suggest that if your a Tool fan who doesn't get 10,000 days, remove your prejudices and give it another listen. Saying it sucks is just a way of avoiding the truth. Everyone his the ability to love the album, it just needs the time and effort that Tool expects from its fans.
You my friend need to open up your mind a little bit. Things aren't set in stone as being masterpieces or not being masterpieces. If a person doesn't like it, it does not mean they don't understand it, that is the most absurd thing I've ever heard. A person can understand things and not like the truth ya know, such as smoking cigarettes is bad for you, it's a fact, everyone accepts it's a fact, not everyone likes that, because they like smoking. You can't paint everything to be so black and white. Open up a little.

And by the way, I love the album, but I have no problem with anyone who doesn't.