Thread: Do You Agree...
View Single Post
SpiraMirabilis's Avatar SpiraMirabilis
07-19-2006, 02:33 PM

I am afraid I agree with grady here.

Most people think 10,000 days sucks, but some people like me think it is a masterpiece, not only that, but possibly Tool's best. People aren't going to think it is a masterpiece if it isn't, so the only possibility is that it is a masterpiece and the people who don't like it simply don't get it. I don't like hip-hop even though there are hip-hop masterpiece's around; this is because I don't get hip-hop.

But I also think there is something fundermentally Toolish in all of their albums, and you can't really be a fan if you fail to find that something. However, you can come round to an album, so I suggest that if your a Tool fan who doesn't get 10,000 days, remove your prejudices and give it another listen. Saying it sucks is just a way of avoiding the truth. Everyone his the ability to love the album, it just needs the time and effort that Tool expects from its fans.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:33 PM   #7
apt-get --dist-upgrade

Bincount™: 5286
Re: Do You Agree...

I am afraid I agree with grady here.

Most people think 10,000 days sucks, but some people like me think it is a masterpiece, not only that, but possibly Tool's best. People aren't going to think it is a masterpiece if it isn't, so the only possibility is that it is a masterpiece and the people who don't like it simply don't get it. I don't like hip-hop even though there are hip-hop masterpiece's around; this is because I don't get hip-hop.

But I also think there is something fundermentally Toolish in all of their albums, and you can't really be a fan if you fail to find that something. However, you can come round to an album, so I suggest that if your a Tool fan who doesn't get 10,000 days, remove your prejudices and give it another listen. Saying it sucks is just a way of avoiding the truth. Everyone his the ability to love the album, it just needs the time and effort that Tool expects from its fans.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote