View Single Post
jwb's Avatar jwb
04-06-2021, 05:28 PM

In case “Sooner rather then later” falls under the ‘Tool Live DVD and The Pot’ video, I suggest we have a “When I met that guy in TOOL” forum. I’ll go first.

I’ve met DC, Adam and Justin a few times, but I’ll begin with the first and most memorable.

April 29th 2006.
I arrived at LAX from NC in the afternoon. I met a guy from this board named Kima at Johnny Pastrami’s. Beers later we headed to the Loft after a stop at amoeba records. For those around in 2001/2002, Kima was friends with Tyson. Anyway...
I bought ISIS Celestial CD and proceeded to leave it in my rental car before heading home. Oh, “How did Kima know where the Loft is?” He was a PA with Tyson for Stinkfist and Aenima video shoots.
Okay, so Kima guides me to the Loft. It turns out to be in a relatively small square, concrete bunker-looking place off of the main Street. The only thing Identifying the place was Danny’s Porsche 911 with a “Kraftwerk” license plate parked out back.
So we parked and walked up to the entrance. “Guarding” the door was some dude on his cell who didn’t give a fuck. We said, “Here to see Danny.” And he nodded us in.
So we opened the door and walked in. I about shit myself. DC was sitting at a soundboard looking thing, and laughing. Some crazy-sounding Monk chanting was playing. We waited until it was over before saying anything. Kima reminded him of how he knows him, and DC seemed to play along that he remembered him.
Danny asked me who I was, and I told him that I just flew in from N C for the show tomorrow. He seemed honestly surprised and said, “That’s a long way to come for a show.” I nodded like an idiot.
Kima asked what he was playing when we walked in and DC’’s friend from Kansas City jumped in and said it was just to fuck with the mind’s of TOOL fans and they both laughed. They didn’t play it at Coachella that year.
Other notes: TOOL skate deck on the wall in the Loft.
Best day of my life.
Old 04-06-2021, 05:28 PM   #7346
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1
Re: General Tool Discussion

In case “Sooner rather then later” falls under the ‘Tool Live DVD and The Pot’ video, I suggest we have a “When I met that guy in TOOL” forum. I’ll go first.

I’ve met DC, Adam and Justin a few times, but I’ll begin with the first and most memorable.

April 29th 2006.
I arrived at LAX from NC in the afternoon. I met a guy from this board named Kima at Johnny Pastrami’s. Beers later we headed to the Loft after a stop at amoeba records. For those around in 2001/2002, Kima was friends with Tyson. Anyway...
I bought ISIS Celestial CD and proceeded to leave it in my rental car before heading home. Oh, “How did Kima know where the Loft is?” He was a PA with Tyson for Stinkfist and Aenima video shoots.
Okay, so Kima guides me to the Loft. It turns out to be in a relatively small square, concrete bunker-looking place off of the main Street. The only thing Identifying the place was Danny’s Porsche 911 with a “Kraftwerk” license plate parked out back.
So we parked and walked up to the entrance. “Guarding” the door was some dude on his cell who didn’t give a fuck. We said, “Here to see Danny.” And he nodded us in.
So we opened the door and walked in. I about shit myself. DC was sitting at a soundboard looking thing, and laughing. Some crazy-sounding Monk chanting was playing. We waited until it was over before saying anything. Kima reminded him of how he knows him, and DC seemed to play along that he remembered him.
Danny asked me who I was, and I told him that I just flew in from N C for the show tomorrow. He seemed honestly surprised and said, “That’s a long way to come for a show.” I nodded like an idiot.
Kima asked what he was playing when we walked in and DC’’s friend from Kansas City jumped in and said it was just to fuck with the mind’s of TOOL fans and they both laughed. They didn’t play it at Coachella that year.
Other notes: TOOL skate deck on the wall in the Loft.
Best day of my life.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote