View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 06:16 AM   #34
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/28 - Camden, NJ - Tweeter Center

Quick impressions:

the speeded-up break slash drum solo in Schism is re-fuggin-diculous. it's like Dan is simply up the flexing his monster chops for the helluvit.

"just pretend we're having deviant sex and i'm pissing in your mouth"

i loved the lasers, but the cloud effect would have worked better in an indoor arena. the breeze was dispersing the smoke not too far from the stage. sad cos it would have been insane to see the whole roof "covered in clouds"

i think the stage is set up for a venue with a balcony. i was way up in sec 202, but wished for a balcony up higher and closer to the stage so i could see all the visuals being projected onto the FLOOR of the stage better. still, the guys looked like they were floating in the videos -- i've never seen another band try to do that. awesome.

i looked so forward to seeing "wings" live. and it was cool BUT... it doesn't work well live. sorry but it prolly would have gone over better in a smaller place like the Tower where there would be only rabid fans in attendance. that song requires quiet and reverence and you don't get that in an arena. still, the visuals were cool and really added to the song.

Justin was OFF THE HOOK. damn! i've seen him rock out before, but last night was insane! all the hair flying, the huge STOMPS during Aenima. HELL YES! he was feeling it and sounded HOT.

wierd sound mix at times. but i could hear every instrument cleanly: it was almost dry at times. vocals were a bit muddy and down in the mix, rather like the record.

mjk looked like he was having a fun time. guess he's feeling better! when they ripped into The Pot, i knew it was going to be a good night for MJK fans

all the soundscapes between songs were killer. i like seeing TooL be a bit more loose at times instead of always being constrained by having to play synched to the visuals (and they were tight, btw -- only a couple of misses here and there, much better than the Tower)

i love seeing them have more budget for the stage show every tour. it just keeps getting bigger and more immersive. THANKS TOOL!!!
OFFLINE |