View Single Post
Old 09-28-2006, 10:53 PM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

Location: USA (now), it's a shame, i know. Canada will always be my Home.
Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/28 - Camden, NJ - Tweeter Center

It would be marvelous if the people giving the reviews of all these amazing shows TOOL is putting on for us were more concentrated to the ACTUAL PERFORMANCE.... there are quite a few great reviews but it seems for the most part they are always about "the pit", or "that guy", etc etc etc....

the weeks leading up to the show tonight i looked to the reviews of past shows for this tour to tell me about the concert: the performances, visuals, sound, songs... the things that are of actual importance in a "review".... my opinion and view is irrelevant, i know.. but... maybe if someone out there is reading this now or in the future take it into SOME consideration.... please and thank you..

for me, this show was amazing... saw them at edgefest in barry, ontario canada to which they were the ONLY reason i was at that "fest", then for laterlus, and now this... and it was absolutely spectacular... i agree with friends that saw the detroit show... in ways in was a LITTLE disappointing in the way of the visual aspect of this show... and in this the comparison is only to TOOL and past shows, .. if it were a comparison to any other band... well, there really is no comparing to other bands.. sooo... knowing the lateralus tour i suppose maybe you can only top yourself so many times.. i do not agree with the "novelty act" comment, howeveer... i think they are few and far between in their music and their performances and it will never be novelty.. it will always be......... astounding, to say the least...

they are all incredible, intelligient, talented, uncomprimising, and stand alone bands i know of.. and i think i know a few ;)... to watch them perform is an honour and a priviledge.. really... and danny carey... wow.. wow... how do you do it? is it innate? it seems to me that it would have to be with that level of talent... no one could learn that...