View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 12:24 PM   #85
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/22 - Detroit, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills

This was my first Tool show.
I have a hard time finding the right adjectives to describe what I saw.
I expected a great show from (to me) the most influential, powerful band EVER.
But this went way beyond my expectations.

This is what I saw from sec. 217. And i didn't care what seat i had, I was just grateful to have one.Wasn't concerned with what songs they played, I love all of them. I was totally ready to have their powerful music vibrate my whole body. Tool came out ,that was pretty much all I needed. When they played the first songs though I did think to myself "where are all the lights and stuff i heard so much about?" Then during the build up of Jambi, much to my suprise, I saw the stage EXPLODE into like firey molten lava. Then for the rest of the night i was pretty much mezmorized/ hypnotized by the gigantic, pulsating, glowing orb below me. I kind of looked at the beginning of the show like foreplay, Tool foreplay, Then WHAM they jammed it to us. I loved every second of the show. They could have just hit us with a ton of cool effects at once, but no...they started out slowly with minimal effects and in perfect harmony with the music, eventually built up to a climax. And I love how all the visual images and effects seemed to portray and go with what each song was about. I think the whole show was meant to be watched and absorbed as an artist's perfomance piece. like a beautiful poem, not to be memorized or read through quickly, but to be absorbed and pondered over.Not something to just headbang and rock out too. It left me in awe, and speechless.

Then i came here to read what others thought about this awesome display, but it saddens and dissapoints me to read such negative crap about this. Why the he!! does it matter if they missed a beat at this song or whatever. Personally i didn't see any what you call screw ups. They are just normal dudes like anyone else, I give Maynard much credit for what he did, the poor guy was sick or something, enough to cancel 2 shows, I mean when you call into work because your sick you piss off just your co- workers. He had thousands and thousands of people dissapointed, how do you think that felt? When your sick you probably crawl up in a ball and cry and whine on your couch with your tv remote. I know i do. He Freakin rocked us. They all did. I don't see how you can even complain about anything at that show.

With lyrics like: " embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel conected enough to stop aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain.With my feet upon the ground i move myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in , I feel it move across my skin ." Obviously Tool pours their heart and soul out on stage everynight. Tool performs with everything they have.

Did anyone not see that stage!!!???...tell me who else has created something like that..Who, anymore goes above and beyond and walks the extra mile and takes it a step further.
I don't know maybe you couldn't grasp the full magnitude of it from the lower seats.

Thank-you TOOL for that show..totally blew me away. Really, was like one of the coolest/amazing things i've ever seen.

But then what do I know, i'm just a girl from the U.P and we don't have things like malls, a walmart within 50 miles, or high speed internet. And we have to eat squirrels, to survive the harsh winters.
OFFLINE |