View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 05:24 AM   #81
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/22 - Detroit, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatoms View Post
i stick my browned thumb out at the people who think they're critics and just sit at shows and expect to be entertained cuz' they bought tickets, and think they can just turn their nose down and cross their arms and say, 'entertain me, tool'.
This hit the thumb on the nail, methinks. Think about it, if ISIS sucks so bad, why did TOOL have them on tour? I saw them with Meshuggah(sp?) for the Inside The Outside tour, and while I wasn't too into the scream-metal of Meshuggah, I had to give them a fair shake. No other band is as TOOL as is TOOL. Get over it, that's what makes them so fucking cool. If you want homogeneous music, give me YOUR tickets for TOOL and go see Nickelback or some other hyper mainstream suck-o assrock.

Bottom line is, could you do 1/10th of what those guys do onstage? Probably not, so enjoy the show as is presented instead of bitching about what they didn't do, the venue, the fact that Maynard didn't have on his biker from hell outfit or whatever other sniveling piece of minutae you're going to let get in the way.
OFFLINE |