View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 04:14 PM   #101
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/23 - Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheatre

Long-time reader, first-time poster, etc. et al.

This was my 4th Tool experience and I must say that they age like a fine scotch: only getting better.

The immaculate, white floor and half-size vid screens were implemented beautifully. The first word that came to my mind when I saw the road crew sweeping the floor wearing only socks was, "sterile." The fact that the crew doned white, lab coats for the show gave the "hospital" motif an even stronger aura. It made the experience of Rosetta Stoned that much more haunting - I only wish they had played the Patient as well.

Tool did not disappoint, playing a good mix of fan-favourites and radio singles as well as testing the less devouts' patience with the renditions of Wings / 10 000 Days. It was simply amazing. The only regret I have is not having seen them on the Undertow and Aenima tours as I would have been too young - strange to think that I've been a fan for 10 years and they have album tours where I would have been too young to have seen.

I'd also just like to add that I saw Adam outside of the Chinese Lights Festival around the time that the gates first opened. He had his digi camera and seemed to be enjoying the cultural experience. I thought about saying hello but decided he probably didn't want his time off before the performance spoiled. At least, I know I'd want my space before any given night.

Cheers everyone. Last night was amazing and that's partly because of the excellent fan response. Here's to more good times with Tool!
OFFLINE |