View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 09:57 PM   #42
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/08/06 - Fresno, CA - Selland Arena

we started off about 50 feet back from the stage, but the minute the concert started we shifted forward about 30 feet over the course of about 3 seconds... usually, i dont mind pushing/moshpits, but this was a little more extreme than normal (and i've been to some pretty crazy concerts before). of course it doesn't help that i only weigh about 160 and couldn't really fight back very well. i was hoping it was just going to last the first song or so but about halfway through the pot we gave up and ended up working our way back so we could watch the show without having such difficulty breathing.

that said, it was my first tool concert and i thought it was pretty damn sweet. i too was hoping for a longer setlist though... i have been reading reviews from their previous concerts and was hoping this one would have a few more songs because it was supposed to be the start of their full US tour. however, i still thought it was pretty sick to see most of my favorite songs from my favorite band live. the highlight for me was lateralus, but i also thought the extended part in schism was pretty sweet.

i didn't see that meteor but my friend did... and yeah, we ran into the same wind problems going on 152. probably the craziest drive i've ever been on... between the crazy wind gusts and the pitch black freeway i was definitely gripping the steering wheel a little tighter than usual.
OFFLINE |