View Single Post
optimus
08-05-2009, 02:35 PM

Dallas was the first Tool show, I had attended outside of the state of Louisiana. I had high hopes for the setting being in the Nokia Theatre in Dallas (a city which i had never been.) After the seven hour drive, I was ready for the show and it did not dissapoint. The merch booth had some really interesting shirts and posters this time around, but I couldnt remember if t-shirts were always 40 dollars. TweakBird was moderately decent, but I always think the band opening for Tool has one of the hardest jobs, seeing that most of the people there are waiting for Tool and not to hear them. The setlist was pretty much the same as Baton Rouge and New Orleans were on the last tour, the 46 and 2 visuals still intrigue me every time. Maynards dialouge with the crowd was interesting, seeing he never talked to the crowd in Louisiana. Overrall, the best show from them I have seen. Justin Chancellor never ceases to amaze.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:35 PM   #72
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.25.09 - Dallas, TX @ Nokia Theatre (Grand Prairie)

Dallas was the first Tool show, I had attended outside of the state of Louisiana. I had high hopes for the setting being in the Nokia Theatre in Dallas (a city which i had never been.) After the seven hour drive, I was ready for the show and it did not dissapoint. The merch booth had some really interesting shirts and posters this time around, but I couldnt remember if t-shirts were always 40 dollars. TweakBird was moderately decent, but I always think the band opening for Tool has one of the hardest jobs, seeing that most of the people there are waiting for Tool and not to hear them. The setlist was pretty much the same as Baton Rouge and New Orleans were on the last tour, the 46 and 2 visuals still intrigue me every time. Maynards dialouge with the crowd was interesting, seeing he never talked to the crowd in Louisiana. Overrall, the best show from them I have seen. Justin Chancellor never ceases to amaze.
OFFLINE |