View Single Post
xXHUMPXx's Avatar xXHUMPXx
07-27-2009, 01:11 PM

Long time voyeur, first time poster…
(Section 204…2nd row (BB) seat 11…DEAD F-ING center!) Best seats I’ve ever had at a Tool concert and it was GREATNESS! I even brought my binoculars…it was like I was standing right next to them :-D

This was my 7th Tool show and I’ve never left a show disappointed. That includes the 2007 Houston show when Maynard was sick and didn’t even finish a single song…I still had a blast. Like others have astutely pointed out…Maynard is 1 of 4 extremely talented individuals that encompass Tool. I myself am a son of a drummer and I am completely awestruck watching Danny play live. He is THE MAN!!! I've brought my dad to the past 3 shows and even though he is a long time Christian who plays drum at church week in and week out, he really enjoys watch Tool live...gota respect Danny behind the set...he is a madman.

Speaking of drummers...am I the only one who thought the drum dual was a complete disaster (both nights)? What's his nut's from TweekBird needs to never be on stage with Danny again...he just isn't even close to the same level as Danny and it ends up sounding like a complete mess when they pass off to one another. He needs to learn to back off the toms when Danny takes over...just keep a simple rhythm on the cymbals/hi-hat...you don't always have to be hitting skins.

I attended the San Antonio show the night before and even though it was the same playlist, I think Nokia’s show was little better.
<rant>(*Note: I just want to say “EAT SHIT AND DIE!!” to the Ass Holes throwing beer all over me [Section 103 row 34] from up in the balcony at the San Antonio show. I’m trying to enjoy the concert and you Fuck-Tards have to 1. waste perfectly good beer and 2. ruin my Tool concert for no fucking reason…seriously grow up or fucking kill yourself.) </rant>

I agree that it was a little disappointing to hear the same songs from the 10,000 Days tour but it was awesome to hear Flood for the first time live…and they killed it!

The Maynardisms were great…he was a lot more lively than previous shows…which is great…I love his sense of humor. I find his ‘gibberish’ during Rosetta Stoned hilarious. It’s like he’s told the band “you know what…I bet I could spit nothing but gibberish into the mic during Rosetta Stoned and no one would know the difference…” and that’s exactly what he did. Truthfully, San Antonio sounded like straight gibberish while Nokia seemed a little closer to the English language…but not much.

Overall another great time at another Tool show. I can’t wait to fly up to Chicago and see them again at Lollapalooza…it’s going to be the shiznit!

Also little ‘r’ me if you have and/or know where I can get a bootleg copy of the shows (audio/video/pics etc)…I found one from the American Airlines concert and it’s sweeeeet…”Gota piss…gota piss…gota piss…gota piss” Fing hilarious!

PS- I’ve posted some of the Pics I took with my Windows Mobile HTC Touch Pro 2 up on my SkyDrive Folder…check’em out.
http://cid-04f85c9d35d059da.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Public

-Spiral Out
Old 07-27-2009, 01:11 PM   #53
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.25.09 - Dallas, TX @ Nokia Theatre (Grand Prairie)

Long time voyeur, first time poster…
(Section 204…2nd row (BB) seat 11…DEAD F-ING center!) Best seats I’ve ever had at a Tool concert and it was GREATNESS! I even brought my binoculars…it was like I was standing right next to them :-D

This was my 7th Tool show and I’ve never left a show disappointed. That includes the 2007 Houston show when Maynard was sick and didn’t even finish a single song…I still had a blast. Like others have astutely pointed out…Maynard is 1 of 4 extremely talented individuals that encompass Tool. I myself am a son of a drummer and I am completely awestruck watching Danny play live. He is THE MAN!!! I've brought my dad to the past 3 shows and even though he is a long time Christian who plays drum at church week in and week out, he really enjoys watch Tool live...gota respect Danny behind the set...he is a madman.

Speaking of drummers...am I the only one who thought the drum dual was a complete disaster (both nights)? What's his nut's from TweekBird needs to never be on stage with Danny again...he just isn't even close to the same level as Danny and it ends up sounding like a complete mess when they pass off to one another. He needs to learn to back off the toms when Danny takes over...just keep a simple rhythm on the cymbals/hi-hat...you don't always have to be hitting skins.

I attended the San Antonio show the night before and even though it was the same playlist, I think Nokia’s show was little better.
<rant>(*Note: I just want to say “EAT SHIT AND DIE!!” to the Ass Holes throwing beer all over me [Section 103 row 34] from up in the balcony at the San Antonio show. I’m trying to enjoy the concert and you Fuck-Tards have to 1. waste perfectly good beer and 2. ruin my Tool concert for no fucking reason…seriously grow up or fucking kill yourself.) </rant>

I agree that it was a little disappointing to hear the same songs from the 10,000 Days tour but it was awesome to hear Flood for the first time live…and they killed it!

The Maynardisms were great…he was a lot more lively than previous shows…which is great…I love his sense of humor. I find his ‘gibberish’ during Rosetta Stoned hilarious. It’s like he’s told the band “you know what…I bet I could spit nothing but gibberish into the mic during Rosetta Stoned and no one would know the difference…” and that’s exactly what he did. Truthfully, San Antonio sounded like straight gibberish while Nokia seemed a little closer to the English language…but not much.

Overall another great time at another Tool show. I can’t wait to fly up to Chicago and see them again at Lollapalooza…it’s going to be the shiznit!

Also little ‘r’ me if you have and/or know where I can get a bootleg copy of the shows (audio/video/pics etc)…I found one from the American Airlines concert and it’s sweeeeet…”Gota piss…gota piss…gota piss…gota piss” Fing hilarious!

PS- I’ve posted some of the Pics I took with my Windows Mobile HTC Touch Pro 2 up on my SkyDrive Folder…check’em out.
http://cid-04f85c9d35d059da.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Public

-Spiral Out
OFFLINE |