View Single Post
New Jeresey Sucks
02-02-2012, 12:36 PM

I agree with the above comments about the crowd. They ruined the show. I've been going to shows for 30 years and have never experienced a concert with such rude people who would not shut the fuck up. They spoke over the music and were more interested in socializing with their buddies than appreciating a musical event. For a region that brandishes its sophistication and superiority over the rest of the country, New Yorkers and North New Jerseyans once again reaffirm themselves as self-absorbed hogs. The experience solidified the notion that New Yorkers and North New Jerseyans are the most insufferable bores on the planet who have no respect for others.

Having said that, the band seemed off sync and the sound was not the best I ever heard. Do they think fans want to hear that idiotic synthesizer solo during Sober from some hooded specter over another song? By Laterlus, they were really cooking and then boom! They ended with Aenema and no encore. What the hell was that?

Overall, it was not worth the time and money unless you are a mindless minion. Fans said screw you to each other and the band said screw you to the fans with a mediocre show.

Would it have killed Maynard to acknowledge the fans at the end with his band mates? Since when does a rock and roller own a vineyard? Maynard's pretension is wearing thin, but at least the rest of the band was gracious at the end of the performance. And the light show was good. But I'm sick and tired of being fleeced by the entertainment industry with over-priced tickets and mindlessly accepting average performance.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #34
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.01.2012 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Izod Centre

I agree with the above comments about the crowd. They ruined the show. I've been going to shows for 30 years and have never experienced a concert with such rude people who would not shut the fuck up. They spoke over the music and were more interested in socializing with their buddies than appreciating a musical event. For a region that brandishes its sophistication and superiority over the rest of the country, New Yorkers and North New Jerseyans once again reaffirm themselves as self-absorbed hogs. The experience solidified the notion that New Yorkers and North New Jerseyans are the most insufferable bores on the planet who have no respect for others.

Having said that, the band seemed off sync and the sound was not the best I ever heard. Do they think fans want to hear that idiotic synthesizer solo during Sober from some hooded specter over another song? By Laterlus, they were really cooking and then boom! They ended with Aenema and no encore. What the hell was that?

Overall, it was not worth the time and money unless you are a mindless minion. Fans said screw you to each other and the band said screw you to the fans with a mediocre show.

Would it have killed Maynard to acknowledge the fans at the end with his band mates? Since when does a rock and roller own a vineyard? Maynard's pretension is wearing thin, but at least the rest of the band was gracious at the end of the performance. And the light show was good. But I'm sick and tired of being fleeced by the entertainment industry with over-priced tickets and mindlessly accepting average performance.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote