View Single Post
SawThatGapAgainToday's Avatar SawThatGapAgainToday
02-02-2012, 10:43 AM

7th show. Show was amazing! The Vegas show for me was better musically b/c I was 3rd row and saw a longer setlist with The Pot and Ticks. But, this show was better visually for me because I was a little farther back, I could take more in. First time I heard Sober in 16 years, not to knock the guy "Bill" who played in the middle of it but I couldve done without him. For me it just didnt seem to fit that song.
Got a signed poster, and fish shirt, BUT best of all got to meet Alex Grey! I was waiting on a drink line and he walked out of the bathroom next to the line. I said Hello Mr. Grey, he was so nice and stopped and talked to me for a few minutes, and I showed him my tattoo of one of his paintings and he said " That is really cool, awesome!" Made my freaking night. So funny no one else even recognized him, what kind of Tool fans are they not knowing who Alex Grey is?
As far as the crowd goes, im so sick of seeing Tool in these arenas b/c the crowds are so lame. Most of them are just there for something to do rather than being there to see the most amazing live band ever. I was in Floor sec. 6 and the 2 dicks in front of me wouldnt freaking shut up. During Intension they just yapped and yapped, not even about the show, random shit. This is the exact reason why all shows should have GA Standing room/pit areas, filter the true fans to the front and the dbags can get shoved to the back where they can talk to each other. I thought this was the weakest crowd i've seen at a Tool show ever, no wonder they dont want to play in NYC any more.

Oh and one more thing, do us all a favor and STOP SINGING MJK's LYRICS while he's singing. STFU and spiral out. You know he does variations of his songs so why try to sing the lyrics you hear on the album when he isnt singing the same version as the album? I really wish punching ppl in the face for singing along was fair game cuz my knuckles wouldve been sore.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:43 AM   #30
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.01.2012 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Izod Centre

7th show. Show was amazing! The Vegas show for me was better musically b/c I was 3rd row and saw a longer setlist with The Pot and Ticks. But, this show was better visually for me because I was a little farther back, I could take more in. First time I heard Sober in 16 years, not to knock the guy "Bill" who played in the middle of it but I couldve done without him. For me it just didnt seem to fit that song.
Got a signed poster, and fish shirt, BUT best of all got to meet Alex Grey! I was waiting on a drink line and he walked out of the bathroom next to the line. I said Hello Mr. Grey, he was so nice and stopped and talked to me for a few minutes, and I showed him my tattoo of one of his paintings and he said " That is really cool, awesome!" Made my freaking night. So funny no one else even recognized him, what kind of Tool fans are they not knowing who Alex Grey is?
As far as the crowd goes, im so sick of seeing Tool in these arenas b/c the crowds are so lame. Most of them are just there for something to do rather than being there to see the most amazing live band ever. I was in Floor sec. 6 and the 2 dicks in front of me wouldnt freaking shut up. During Intension they just yapped and yapped, not even about the show, random shit. This is the exact reason why all shows should have GA Standing room/pit areas, filter the true fans to the front and the dbags can get shoved to the back where they can talk to each other. I thought this was the weakest crowd i've seen at a Tool show ever, no wonder they dont want to play in NYC any more.

Oh and one more thing, do us all a favor and STOP SINGING MJK's LYRICS while he's singing. STFU and spiral out. You know he does variations of his songs so why try to sing the lyrics you hear on the album when he isnt singing the same version as the album? I really wish punching ppl in the face for singing along was fair game cuz my knuckles wouldve been sore.