View Single Post
Oblio's Avatar Oblio
02-01-2012, 09:57 PM

Set list was:
Hooker with a Penis
Jambi
Stinkfist
Sober (extended with a guest playing a synth or something, forget his name)
Pushit
Schism (with the new intro)
Intension
Forty-Six & 2
Lateralus (with guest drummer)
Intermission
Ænema

So I just got back from Izod, and FUCK was it a good show! They started out with Hooker and Jambi which were both awsome. Before Jambi Maynard was talking about how he had been to Rutherford in the late 20th century to see Van Halen, neat stuff I guess. Then after Jambi was Stinkfist which was fucking amazing. Only wish they had played the extended version of it, but whatever. Then was sober, and it started off great, then about the time were the song starts to get quieter, Manard anounced a guest (who's name escape's me!) who started playing a synth or something and vocalizing. It was pretty interesting, however in my opinion it could have been a bit shorter. Then they finished Sober and Started Pushit, which was awesome. It had a bit of a slower tempo, but was really great, and that was when they started to drop some of the LED screens which was cool. Then the new Schism intro came on which was pretty nice (maybe part of a new song?), and they played schism. It was really awsom with the sped up part, and the visuals were off the video. Then came Intension, which for some reason some of the people around me didn't quite like, but with the lights and all I myself found it quite captivating. Then they went into 46 & 2, which was great, with all of the screens dropped into position. Then came Lateralus. What a great song. They played it perfectly, with a guest drummer (Frank I think) which was awesome. All of the lasers and smoke, the lights and the screens, was just fa nominal! Probably the best song of the night. Then they had an intermission where on the big screen it had a video of the game Asteroids being played, which was really funny. Player one, Frank, won with 10,000 points... After the intermission they played Ænema. That was another fantastic song with lots of laser play, which I found really super when they had the lasers crossing and blocking out the bottom levels of the arena (I was in the top rows btw, nice view).
All in all a terrific show, I kinda wish they had played Ticks & Leeches, but I guess I'm being a bit too greedy. Maynard was talking a bit, not too much, but at least he wasn't silent.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:57 PM   #3
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.01.2012 - East Rutherford, NJ @ Izod Centre

Set list was:
Hooker with a Penis
Jambi
Stinkfist
Sober (extended with a guest playing a synth or something, forget his name)
Pushit
Schism (with the new intro)
Intension
Forty-Six & 2
Lateralus (with guest drummer)
Intermission
Ænema

So I just got back from Izod, and FUCK was it a good show! They started out with Hooker and Jambi which were both awsome. Before Jambi Maynard was talking about how he had been to Rutherford in the late 20th century to see Van Halen, neat stuff I guess. Then after Jambi was Stinkfist which was fucking amazing. Only wish they had played the extended version of it, but whatever. Then was sober, and it started off great, then about the time were the song starts to get quieter, Manard anounced a guest (who's name escape's me!) who started playing a synth or something and vocalizing. It was pretty interesting, however in my opinion it could have been a bit shorter. Then they finished Sober and Started Pushit, which was awesome. It had a bit of a slower tempo, but was really great, and that was when they started to drop some of the LED screens which was cool. Then the new Schism intro came on which was pretty nice (maybe part of a new song?), and they played schism. It was really awsom with the sped up part, and the visuals were off the video. Then came Intension, which for some reason some of the people around me didn't quite like, but with the lights and all I myself found it quite captivating. Then they went into 46 & 2, which was great, with all of the screens dropped into position. Then came Lateralus. What a great song. They played it perfectly, with a guest drummer (Frank I think) which was awesome. All of the lasers and smoke, the lights and the screens, was just fa nominal! Probably the best song of the night. Then they had an intermission where on the big screen it had a video of the game Asteroids being played, which was really funny. Player one, Frank, won with 10,000 points... After the intermission they played Ænema. That was another fantastic song with lots of laser play, which I found really super when they had the lasers crossing and blocking out the bottom levels of the arena (I was in the top rows btw, nice view).
All in all a terrific show, I kinda wish they had played Ticks & Leeches, but I guess I'm being a bit too greedy. Maynard was talking a bit, not too much, but at least he wasn't silent.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote