View Single Post
menglera4
01-30-2012, 08:30 AM

I didn't have the highest expectations for this show considering the tour just seemed to pop up out of the blue... let me clarify... Tool shows are one of the greatest experiences to be involved in, so I was certainly prepared for an amazing show... but that show?!?! holyfuckingshit!!! That was incredible!! how these 4 guys can make such amazingly, beautiful and powerful sound is beyond me. The visuals were the best of any show I've ever been to (15 shows and counting back to '96...). And yes, limited number of songs, but this show exemplified "quality" over "quantity"!! the instrumentals were giving me goosebumps. The highlight of the show, for me anyway, was the instrumental "teaser" before Schism - I actually had tears welling up. I never wanted that instrumental/moment to end. If that was their advertisement for the next album - it was the best marketing campaign i've ever heard. Seriously, such an awe-inspiring experience. I thought a few times during the show how unfortunate it is that Justin, Adam, Maynard and Danny can't experience the masterpieces they put together; but then again, one can only imagine how incredible it must feel to create such beautiful art. Thank you Tool!!

~and please, if anyone knows where I can find that instrumental teaser they did before schism, please let me know.... and not the one from Reno, that wasn't a faction as good as what was performed last night.

Last edited by menglera4; 01-30-2012 at 08:36 AM..
Old 01-30-2012, 08:30 AM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.29.2012 - Camden, NJ @ Susquehanna Bank Centre

I didn't have the highest expectations for this show considering the tour just seemed to pop up out of the blue... let me clarify... Tool shows are one of the greatest experiences to be involved in, so I was certainly prepared for an amazing show... but that show?!?! holyfuckingshit!!! That was incredible!! how these 4 guys can make such amazingly, beautiful and powerful sound is beyond me. The visuals were the best of any show I've ever been to (15 shows and counting back to '96...). And yes, limited number of songs, but this show exemplified "quality" over "quantity"!! the instrumentals were giving me goosebumps. The highlight of the show, for me anyway, was the instrumental "teaser" before Schism - I actually had tears welling up. I never wanted that instrumental/moment to end. If that was their advertisement for the next album - it was the best marketing campaign i've ever heard. Seriously, such an awe-inspiring experience. I thought a few times during the show how unfortunate it is that Justin, Adam, Maynard and Danny can't experience the masterpieces they put together; but then again, one can only imagine how incredible it must feel to create such beautiful art. Thank you Tool!!

~and please, if anyone knows where I can find that instrumental teaser they did before schism, please let me know.... and not the one from Reno, that wasn't a faction as good as what was performed last night.

Last edited by menglera4; 01-30-2012 at 08:36 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote