View Single Post
BoNeSaW's Avatar BoNeSaW
01-27-2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayde View Post
Compared to Torontoi, THis show has really douchey security guards.
I was on the floor and a few rows up, some kid was taking a video. He wasn't warned or anything. A big bald security guard snuck up behind him and just grabbe dhis camera away.
Also security around my section were anal about staying close to your seat and not going into the open spaces. I sw a few tipsy guys get pushed a little hard for what? For rocking at a rock show?
I mentioned this is the other thread, seen many shows at the JLC and security has always been strict there, nothing like ACC or Copps in Hamilton.... JLC you stand in an aisle you get shit, try taking a video they right on you.
All the shows I have seen that are general admission floor (the way should be with TOOL as well) never any security issues.... yet the seating area's are ridiculous.

ONE THING I did like about last nights show.... No Camera/Video. Sure I like to take a photo every now and again like everyone else, but what was great last night is that I didn't have a hundred fuckin cell phones held in the air the entire time recording and shit..... c'mon people, watch the damn show and take it all in, how you enjoy a show when your recording your crappy little phone video the entire night or worried about shooting 1000 photos? That part I did like, saw nobody on the floor taking any pics or video, I was 5th row back from stage and had great view, thanks to no cameras!

The one advantage about floor seating, i got to go take a piss real quick and not worrying about losing my spot if were GA..... and they allowed booze on the floor seating, where as if GA the JLC doesnt alllow alcohol on floor. That was the only bonus. Besides that, yeah was kinda lame crowd not really getting into it as much.... oh well, I was rocking all night, we had a great crowd of people in our floor 2 area getting right into it.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #17
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.26.2012 - London, ON @ John Labatt Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayde View Post
Compared to Torontoi, THis show has really douchey security guards.
I was on the floor and a few rows up, some kid was taking a video. He wasn't warned or anything. A big bald security guard snuck up behind him and just grabbe dhis camera away.
Also security around my section were anal about staying close to your seat and not going into the open spaces. I sw a few tipsy guys get pushed a little hard for what? For rocking at a rock show?
I mentioned this is the other thread, seen many shows at the JLC and security has always been strict there, nothing like ACC or Copps in Hamilton.... JLC you stand in an aisle you get shit, try taking a video they right on you.
All the shows I have seen that are general admission floor (the way should be with TOOL as well) never any security issues.... yet the seating area's are ridiculous.

ONE THING I did like about last nights show.... No Camera/Video. Sure I like to take a photo every now and again like everyone else, but what was great last night is that I didn't have a hundred fuckin cell phones held in the air the entire time recording and shit..... c'mon people, watch the damn show and take it all in, how you enjoy a show when your recording your crappy little phone video the entire night or worried about shooting 1000 photos? That part I did like, saw nobody on the floor taking any pics or video, I was 5th row back from stage and had great view, thanks to no cameras!

The one advantage about floor seating, i got to go take a piss real quick and not worrying about losing my spot if were GA..... and they allowed booze on the floor seating, where as if GA the JLC doesnt alllow alcohol on floor. That was the only bonus. Besides that, yeah was kinda lame crowd not really getting into it as much.... oh well, I was rocking all night, we had a great crowd of people in our floor 2 area getting right into it.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote