View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 07:45 AM   #84
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/21 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyardtillie View Post
Thats fine that you prefer to move, but do you realize how selfish your logic is? A lot of people prefer to enjoy tool in a different way and simply absorb the music. The problem is the same as with smoking in public, really. If I choose not to smoke, that only affects me, not anyone else. But if I choose to smoke, that affects everyone else and makes the choice for them. If I choose not to mosh, again, that only affects me and no one else. But if I choose to mosh, that affects everyone in my vicinity, who gets bumped and pushed whether they want to or not. The choice to mosh then, like the choice to smoke in public, is a fundamentally selfish and inconsiderate one. And its not only about injuring people. You seem to be saying that as long as you're not intentionally injuring people then its ok. You can still ruin someone's concert experience without actually injuring them. You're basically saying that what YOU prefer to do takes precedence over what other people around you prefer. I'm glad security did a good job and didnt really let anything happen last night.
Let's see, how would Bill Hicks respond to this? (He's the comedian that once went on tour with Tool, and who is featured on the hidden track of Undertow.) Oh yes, I think he might say something about how lame non-smokers are, especially when they complain about second-hand smoke. "I'm a non-smoker," he says, in a lame-o voice. We're all going to die eventually, remember?
Loosen your tie/skirt a little, have a beer and listen to a Bill Hicks CD sometime, preferably "Relentless." TOOL would be proud of you!

I'm generally a nice, sharing person. But let us remember the wise words of David Byrne, "Be a little more selfish, it might do you some good."

Seriously, its a TOOL concert. It's not the opera, it's a rock show. I expect smoke (both kinds), some people on hallucinogens, people wearing black t-shirts, maybe a tittie flash or two, expensive beer, and yes, moshing in front of the stage.
People that enjoy the show "in a different way" should not sit in front of the stage, forcing their collective lameness upon us. Yeah, I said it.
Selfish? Maybe so.
Can I get a witness?