View Single Post
Cucumber_11's Avatar Cucumber_11
05-24-2006, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandwhite
You're just hearing what you want to hear. Somehow, you got it in your head that there is a meaning to this song being reversed, and clung on to anything that sounded remotely familiar. There may be something to playing this song in reverse, but you'd have to have an unbiased person hear it.
In most cases you'd be right. But...have you listened to the reversed clip? It is proper backmasking, as in it has been recorded forwards and then reversed, just like that pink floyd one. It is nothing like the Britney Spears or Stairway or queen backmasking, it is something inserted, the others are coincedences.

:P
"10, 000 Days was everything I wanted Lateralus to be. When I first got it [Lateralus] I felt it was a very very good album but no way up there with my favourites. Then 10, 000 Days came and it was like 'woah'."
Old 05-24-2006, 03:36 PM   #176
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 192
Re: Backwards Lyrics

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandwhite
You're just hearing what you want to hear. Somehow, you got it in your head that there is a meaning to this song being reversed, and clung on to anything that sounded remotely familiar. There may be something to playing this song in reverse, but you'd have to have an unbiased person hear it.
In most cases you'd be right. But...have you listened to the reversed clip? It is proper backmasking, as in it has been recorded forwards and then reversed, just like that pink floyd one. It is nothing like the Britney Spears or Stairway or queen backmasking, it is something inserted, the others are coincedences.

:P
"10, 000 Days was everything I wanted Lateralus to be. When I first got it [Lateralus] I felt it was a very very good album but no way up there with my favourites. Then 10, 000 Days came and it was like 'woah'."
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote